Track Changes and the Comment Pane

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

kurazarrh

Track Changes and the Comment Pane

Post by kurazarrh » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:02 am

I've been using the Android TextMaker HD app on my tablet and really liked being able to put Track Changes deletions in the comments pane/reviewing pane. I got SM2016 for Windows and now I can't figure out how to make that happen on my Windows PC. Is this feature not present in the Windows version, or is there something I'm missing?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Track Changes and the Comment Pane

Post by sven-l » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:02 pm

Track changes should work the same way in TextMaker for Windows like in TextMaker HD for Android. How exactly (step by step) did you proceed?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

kurazarrh

Post by kurazarrh » Tue Jul 05, 2016 9:44 pm

Sven,

Are you asking how I got my Track Changes deletions to appear in the sidebar on Android? I'm not sure, it's been a while since I made that change. I thought it was somewhere in the Tools > Comments or Tools >Track Changes sub-menus, but I don't remember. I do vaguely recall that it was someplace I didn't quite expect it to be, but that's all I've got.

Do you have any instructions on how to show tracked deletions in the comments pane (or "in bubbles," as MSOffice calls it)?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:58 am

That feature doesn't exist in TextMaker, only in MS Word. I will refer your wish to the product management.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”