RTF filters and Google Docs

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Robin Holt

RTF filters and Google Docs

Post by Robin Holt » Mon May 23, 2016 9:43 pm

This is not the most earth-shaking of bugs but it is a little curious and involves interoperability with Google Docs.

If you create a document in Google Docs and download it to Windows in .rtf format, when that document is opened By TextMaker all of the paragraphs of the document have solid borders around them. Normally, I might blame this on Google Docs, but if the document is opened in both Word (2010) or LibreOffice (5.0.x), the format is fine.

There are obviously workarounds (download as .docx) but I thought this was curious and it might become important to someone.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: RTF filters and Google Docs

Post by sven-l » Tue May 24, 2016 8:51 am

Could you please send us a sample .rtf file to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to that thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Robin Holt

Post by Robin Holt » Tue May 24, 2016 12:28 pm

Here's a small file, although any .rtf file originating in Google Docs will do. This opens perfectly well in Word 2010, LibreOffice 5.0 and Wordpad but has unwanted borders in TextMaker.
Attachments
RTFTesting.rtf
(13.6 KiB) Downloaded 154 times

Alfred

Post by Alfred » Tue May 24, 2016 8:15 pm

I don't have Word installed here, but that file opens without borders in WordPad and in LibreOffice 5.1. In both TextMaker Standard 2012 and TextMaker 2016, it opens with one solid border around all three paragraphs.

If I resave the file from WordPad, the new file (which is only 403 bytes instead of 13.6 KB) opens correctly in TextMaker.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed May 25, 2016 8:25 am

Thank you! I can see that this issue has been solved already and should not occur anymore with the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”