TextMaker 2016 Templates: File ‒> Properties ‒>Summary ‒> Description Bug

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

RKanarek

TextMaker 2016 Templates: File ‒> Properties ‒>Summary ‒> Description Bug

Post by RKanarek » Thu May 12, 2016 2:27 am

Greetings,

I discovered that text assigned to the “Description” field of a “File ‒> Properties ‒> Summary” dialog in a template (.TMV) can render the template unusable. TextMaker may substitute some of the text for the name of the template file when it displays a list of available templates, thereby making the template impossible to load.

For an example I selected a template that (AFAIK) worked fine in every possibly way. If I wanted to create a new TextMaker document with the template, I was perfectly free to do so. I then added the following snippet of text to the “Description” field of “File ‒> Properties ‒> Summary”:

“It is unfortunate for us, that, of some of the greatest men, we know least, and talk most. Homer, Socrates, and Shakespere have, perhaps, contributed more to the intellectual inlightenment [sic] of mankind than any other three writers who could be named, and yet the history of all three has given rise to a boundless ocean of discussion, which has left us little save the option of choosing which theory or theories we will follow.”

(The snippet of text is from Alexander Pope’s translation of “The Odyssey of Homer,” as provided by the fine folks at Project Gutenberg.)

With the above text added to the Summary field, attempting to use the template became impossible. Instead of being listed among the templates available on my computer by its file name, “Normal - TEST.tmv”, it was listed as “istory of all three has given rise to a boundless ocean of discussion, which has left us little save the option of choosing which theory or theories we will [text continues beyond the border of the dialog]", which is clearly not its file name. Attempting to click on this new filename was not rewarding.

I might add that I think there are one or more other subtile issues with loading templates, but there are none that I’m prepared to report or document. Perhaps you programmer(s) will keep an eye out for other issues when they correct this one.

Lastly, here are the details of my version of TextMaker and the computer it was running on:
TextMaker Professional 2016 (rev 752.0224)
Microsoft Windows 7 (Windows Version 6.1, Build 7601, Service Pack 1)

Thanks in advance.
Attachments
New Document Dialog.png
New Document Dialog.png (7.95 KiB) Viewed 5082 times
Document Properties Dialog.png

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: TextMaker 2016 Templates: File ‒> Properties ‒>Summary ‒> Description Bug

Post by sven-l » Fri May 13, 2016 9:12 am

I can confirm that issue and reported it to the developers. I will inform you as soon as we have a solution. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RKanarek

Post by RKanarek » Fri May 13, 2016 11:51 am

No, thank you, the developers, and all the other fine folks at SoftMaker for your service!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue May 17, 2016 2:05 pm

The developers could solve the issue and should no longer occur with the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”