Changing the Default Superscript & Subscript Options for Position and Size

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

RKanarek

Changing the Default Superscript & Subscript Options for Position and Size

Post by RKanarek » Mon Mar 28, 2016 8:20 am

Greetings,

I would like to be able to set the default superscript and subscript options for position and size. “Jossi”, in 2008 (see “[url]viewtopic.php?f=86&t=6199&p=25572&hilit ... ipt#p25572[/url]”), wrote that this was not possible with TextMaker 2008. Can this be done with TextMaker 2016?

If it is still not possible, perhaps this can be added as a feature request.

Thanks in advance.

Kindest regards,
Richard Kanarek

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Changing the Default Superscript & Subscript Options for Position and Size

Post by Jossi » Mon Mar 28, 2016 12:20 pm

No, it is still not possible to change the built-in superscript/subscript styles. But you can easily define character styles with the desired appearance and then assign keyboard shortcuts and/or user defined toolbar icons to them. This way you can use your personal styles just as comfortably as the built-in ones.

RKanarek

Re: Changing the Default Superscript & Subscript Options for Position and Size

Post by RKanarek » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:22 am

Dear Jossi,

Thanks for the quick reply! I’m sorry my reply is so late.

Your idea about using text styles with assigned hotkeys for (custom) superscripts and subscripts instead of using the (unchangeable) predefined superscript and subscript functions seems like a perfectly wonderful idea. It still is an offense to my perfectionist inclinations that I can’t configure the built-in superscript and subscript functions to my likings, but, truth be told, using character styles is probably significantly better: if I decide I don’t like the settings I choose, it should be easy to change them again.

Thanks once again for your input.

Cordially,
Richard Kanarek

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”