Where should one send bug reports?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker 2016 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ecbritz

Where should one send bug reports?

Post by ecbritz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 3:14 pm

When you get a bug report on re-starting Textmaker after a crash, where do you send it? What is the applicable email address? If this email address is known, may users who encounter problems seemingly caused by a bug or deficiency in the program also use it to bring the issue to the attention of the Softmaker company? I'm asking this on behalf of users who have reported such issues in recent forum postings.

PS I notice that one can send a private message or question to Softmaker when you click on the "Contact us" envelope-button shown when you scroll to the end of the listed postings. But perhaps there is an email address you should rather send bug reports to?
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

ecbritz

Re: Where should one send bug reports?

Post by ecbritz » Thu Oct 22, 2015 6:59 pm

The answer seems to be: forum(at)softmaker.de [ forum(at)softmaker.de ] Send sample files demonstrating a program glitch or failure to this address, according to another posting.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:46 pm

If you experience a crash, then a dialog comes up and offers to send the crash report. If you agree, your e-mail client will be fired up, with the e-mail recipient pre-set to crashreport (at) softmaker.de -- and that's the only address crash reports should be sent to.

For everything else that is not one of the preformatted crash reports, this address shoud NOT be used.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

ecbritz

Post by ecbritz » Fri Oct 23, 2015 4:54 am

martin-k wrote:If you experience a crash, then a dialog comes up and offers to send the crash report. If you agree, your e-mail client will be fired up, with the e-mail recipient pre-set to crashreport (at) softmaker.de -- and that's the only address crash reports should be sent to.

For everything else that is not one of the preformatted crash reports, this address shoud NOT be used.
Thanks very much for the explanation about crash reports. But what address should be used by the various users who have complained about for instance compatibility problems with specific files, in recent postings? I have not had any such problem myself, to date. But the various complainants should have an address to send their files to. There is really nothing that a fellow forum member can contribute or advise if the problem results from a flaw in the Softmaker program itself. If there is such a flaw, perhaps it is a rectifiable. So what is the best address to use? Is it indeed forum(at)softmaker.de ?
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:28 am

ecbritz wrote:So what is the best address to use? Is it indeed foru(at)softmaker.de ?
Yes.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Alfred

Post by Alfred » Sat Oct 24, 2015 12:44 am

martin-k wrote:If you experience a crash, then a dialog comes up and offers to send the crash report. If you agree, your e-mail client will be fired up, with the e-mail recipient pre-set to crashreport (at) softmaker.de
What happens for those who rely on webmail? I don't, but nowadays many users do.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Temcat

Post by Temcat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 2:35 pm

Now I'm thoroughly confused: martin-k denies that forum(at)softmaker.com can be used for anything but pre-formatted crash reports while sven-l seems to say that this email address CAN indeed be used for other bug reports, including those related to compatibility issues (such as mine).

Which of the two messages is the correct one?

ecbritz

Post by ecbritz » Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:13 pm

As I understood it, the address for crash reports is crashreport(at)softmaker.de . This address comes up automatically after a crash. I quote what Martin-k wrote about this matter: "If you experience a crash, then a dialog comes up and offers to send the crash report. If you agree, your e-mail client will be fired up, with the e-mail recipient pre-set to crashreport (at) softmaker.de -- and that's the only address crash reports should be sent to."

The address for problematic files, for instance specific MS Word files not compatible with Textmaker, is forum(at)softmaker.de. Send an email to forum(at)softmaker.de, explain your problem to Softmaker, and attach the problematic file. Do not send a problematic file to crashreport(at)softmaker.de. Send it to forum(at)softmaker.de.
Softmaker 2016 & 2018.

Temcat

Post by Temcat » Sun Oct 25, 2015 5:33 pm

ecbritz wrote:As I understood it, the address for crash reports is crashreport(at)softmaker.de . This address comes up automatically after a crash. I quote what Martin-k wrote about this matter: "If you experience a crash, then a dialog comes up and offers to send the crash report. If you agree, your e-mail client will be fired up, with the e-mail recipient pre-set to crashreport (at) softmaker.de -- and that's the only address crash reports should be sent to."

The address for problematic files, for instance specific MS Word files not compatible with Textmaker, is forum(at)softmaker.de. Send an email to forum(at)softmaker.de, explain your problem to Softmaker, and attach the problematic file. Do not send a problematic file to crashreport(at)softmaker.de. Send it to forum(at)softmaker.de.
Thank you ecbritz! So it was just me failing at reading comprehension.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:06 pm

I edited a few posts. Please do not write e-mail addresses in clear text in the forum (e.g. mail@mail.com). Please use paraphrases like [at] instead (e.g. mail[at]mail.com).

Reason:
Spambots are collecting e-mail addresses on websites and online forum sites and use these addresses for their spam. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Alfred

Post by Alfred » Tue Nov 03, 2015 7:02 pm

Alfred wrote:
martin-k wrote:If you experience a crash, then a dialog comes up and offers to send the crash report. If you agree, your e-mail client will be fired up, with the e-mail recipient pre-set to crashreport (at) softmaker.de
What happens for those who rely on webmail? I don't, but nowadays many users do.
As I indicated, this doesn't affect me personally, but I'm still curious to know the answer.
La perfection est atteinte non quand il ne reste rien à ajouter, mais quand il ne reste rien à enlever.
(Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.)
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900-1944)

Return to “TextMaker 2016 for Windows”