Sidebar Quirk

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

AlexB

Sidebar Quirk

Post by AlexB » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:13 pm

When the sidebar is located at the right of a document, there is a small vertical control about halfway down the document vertical scroll bar which, when accidentally clicked, hides the sidebar. If you are unaware of what has happened, you naturally try to restore the sidebar using the View Sidebar menu options but this does not work.

To me, this vertical control is unnecessary and should be removed. The sidebar can already be handled via the View Sidebar menu options and this control is simply a trap into which a user may accidentally fall. On the other hand, if it is to remain, the View Sidebar menu options should over-ride it.

A similar problem arises with the sidebar located at the right.

AlexB

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Sidebar Quirk

Post by Jossi » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:06 pm

The View > Sidebar menu only defines the general position of the sidebar (left/right/off), it is not intended to toggle it on or off. To show or hide the sidebar there is the button in the window margin.

AlexB

Post by AlexB » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:09 pm

I must disagree. The word "off" has nothing to do with the sidebar's position. Being pedantic, the word I see is "Hide" not "off" but again this has nothing to do with the sidebar's position.

AlexB

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:58 pm

I will refer your opinion to our developers to discuss this internally.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows (General)”