Is it a SMASH hit if it can't be found ?

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

josephrot
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Is it a SMASH hit if it can't be found ?

Post by josephrot » Sat Jun 27, 2015 12:40 am

Will try to post this in the proper place, so many more will see it...

What's a SMASH ?

Why I ask...why is it VERY hard to locate anything online at the SM website, or in the Forums, or even in the SM Help system located in each Office 2016 product...

ANYTHING that clearly and concisely advises us all, be we new or experienced SM users, what in the world is SMASH ?

If a fairly short or as exact-as-one-can-make-it explanation about SMASH isn't anywhere to be seen, then it's nowhere.

SMASH could be terribly simple but nice idea, or it could be terribly nasty and complicated...who knows ?

Just wanted to bring that point up.

Joe Rotello / Knoxville, TN / USA
Skype joerotello / Win7 Pro 64bit | Intel Multi Core i5 3.46gHz | 8GB DDR3 | 1GB Nvidia GTX-650SP @ 1152x864 | ASUS | SoftMaker Office 2016 user / EZGenerator 4 web-tool user / Serif PagePlus X8 User

XL-Dennis

Re: Is it a SMASH hit if it can't be found ?

Post by XL-Dennis » Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:36 pm

I see SMASH in the folder SoftMaker Office 2016 but when clicking on it nothing happens?

What is SMASH?

Of course, SM may stand for SoftMaker but then what?

Don't You believe this is something missed?

The lack of information but available without any function at all implies it's something that was not removed before the final version?
------------------------------------------------
Kind regards,
Dennis

bawldiggle

Re: Is it a SMASH hit if it can't be found ?

Post by bawldiggle » Sat Dec 16, 2017 9:26 am

I know this is an old thread, I stumbled over it trying to resolve how to remove the SoftMaker icons form the hidden list of SysTray.
I only discovered and downloaded Free SoftMaker 24 hours ago

When Smash (smash.exe) is run from ... Programs -> SoftMaker FreeOffice 2016 -> Utilities -> Smash ...
Smash.exe inserts icon shortcuts into hidden list of SysTray for Softmaker applications.

From my research on this forum, "Smash" is intended for Win-XP, to load shortcut icons onto Sys.tray

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2016 for Windows (General)”