Macros not working? Macro buttons not working? I can't tell which.

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Mikey1969

Macros not working? Macro buttons not working? I can't tell which.

Post by Mikey1969 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:07 pm

So I tested PlanMaker a few years ago and discovered that it was the only thing I could find for Android that would let me use macros on Excel spreadsheeets. I loved it!

Now, I am in a position where I need that functionality again, and it's missing. Or something.

I have created a couple of macros on a file that I want to be able to access both at home and remotely, so I have created a file and placed it on Google Drive.

It opens just fine, with no dialogs or popups of any kind, but when I go to click on the buttons that I created, nothing happens. The buttons aren't even formatted right. The text is cut off, where they look just fine in Excel. Are macros not working anymore? Is it because the file is on Google Drive? Is there a way to manually run a macro to test if it's just the button that is broken? If macros aren't working anymore, I will definitely be seeking a refund, because this is the entire reason that I just bought this app. If it's a Google Drive thing, I would have to say that a popup would be nice, rather than the nothing that I currently get.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Macros not working? Macro buttons not working? I can't tell which.

Post by sven-l » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:29 am

Macros do not work. They rely on some Windows technology that is not available in Android and Linux.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Mikey1969

Post by Mikey1969 » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:56 pm

They worked back in '14 or '15 when I first discovered PlanMaker, I used them to automate a file I used when I went from hospital room to hospital room, checking off our telemedicine equipment, listing it as pass/fail, marking if another tech had that room, etc., and then saving the end result as a pdf with the date and facility name and emailing it back to myself. I even mentioned that they worked so well in my review at the time.

Oh well, no need for the software now, I guess I'll get a refund. Thanks for the update. :-)

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:57 pm

Your memory must fail you, we never supported macros on Android.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker HD”