PlanMaker HD update 763

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bsbd

PlanMaker HD update 763

Post by bsbd » Wed Dec 14, 2016 5:56 pm

New update rev 763.1202.gs downloaded today.

Apparently none of the issues that I've reported and sent examples for were addressed.

Still NOT Resolved:

ISERROR issue (Critcal!!!)
Date formats To/From Excel (Critcal!!!)
Radio Button results sometimes go to the right row/column cell address but the wrong sheet
ROW, ROWS, COLUMN and COLUMNS functions can all generate false circular reference warnings
Named tables not recognized (wish list item)

Due to the ISERROR and Date Format issues I can't edit and save my master Excel worksheet with PlanMaker HD on the tablet without corrupting the original Excel file.

Since these bugs have been reported multiple times for over a year during which there have been four program updates, I guess it would be reasonable to conclude the developers have no intention of fixing them.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PlanMaker HD update 763

Post by sven-l » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:38 am

About ISERROR: Your sample is not just checking if the function returns an error. Instead, it uses ISERROR to check if a function name is built in to the spreadsheet application. This is a very unorthodox use of the function which works with Excel, but not with PlanMaker.

Named tables are indeed a feature request and not a bug; they will come in the next version of PlanMaker.

I will inform you as soon as there is any news.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bsbd

Re: PlanMaker HD update 763

Post by bsbd » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:40 pm

sven-l wrote:About ISERROR: Your sample is not just checking if the function returns an error. Instead, it uses ISERROR to check if a function name is built in to the spreadsheet application. This is a very unorthodox use of the function which works with Excel, but not with PlanMaker.

Hi Sven, thanks very much for your reply.

We'll have to disagree that the way I'm using ISERROR is unorthodox. The way it behaves in Excel is exactly what I need it to do, which pretty much validates it for me. The whole reason ISERROR exists is to trap errors, so regardless of what's in the function argument it would be far more logical to return a #NAME? or #VALUE! error the way that Excel does instead of the destructive #NULL! error. IMHO there shouldn't be anything in the argument that overrides or stops the ISERROR test from resolving.

However, I'm certainly open to any suggestion on a better way to prevent PlanMaker HD from wiping out a formula which contains an unsupported Excel function name. One of PlanMaker's main selling points for me was Excel compatibility, so I would think that providing some way here would be a mandatory bare minimum.

I notice you didn't mention the other critical error, the date format issue. I know I'm not the only person reporting it, and it's not just affecting the tablet version of PlanMaker. It's certainly a requirement for Excel compatibility, and hopefully the developers realize they have a problem here.

As mentioned before,, I've found workarounds for the other couple of things on my list, and as you say Named Table compatibility was just a wish list thing. I just mentioned the issues I've managed to work around in case the developers wanted to make the program a little more bullet proof.

Thanks again,

-bsbd

Return to “PlanMaker HD”