Unreliable touch response - cell selection

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

JornadaGuy

Unreliable touch response - cell selection

Post by JornadaGuy » Fri Jul 22, 2016 7:01 pm

After years of using Android Planmaker on a virtually daily basis, I started trying to use the Android Office HD version of Planmaker and I have noticed that the touch response for selecting cells in the spreadsheet is VERY unreliable. This is not the case with any other app on my tablet including the normal Planmaker Free. On the older Planmaker I can rapidly select cells with single taps on the screen. Planmaker HD, on the other hand, often ignores my taps completely. I have to carefully and slowly tap lightly multiple times to improve that situation making Planmaker HD very frustrating to use. All other apps on the device respond to normal screen touch events as expected.

I tried the same using various zoom levels of an empty spreadsheet and my own spreadsheets. The result was the same.

I am using a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 so it has plenty of processing power and memory. I should also note that it is running Cyanogenmod 12 (basically vanilla Android Lollipop) which is very lean and responsive. I usually have 700-800MB of free RAM. To reiterate, EVERY app on the device responds perfectly to touch except Planmaker HD.

This is disappointing. I'd really like to be able to use the HD version but it's simply too slow and frustrating.

bsbd

Re: Unreliable touch response - cell selection

Post by bsbd » Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:05 pm

That sounds a lot like the touch response issue I was having with PlanMaker HD on my Tab Pro 8.4 tablet. In my case I was frustrated because I couldn't use finger swipes reliably to scroll around a page -- it would sometimes unintentionally highlight cells instead of scrolling, but not 100% of the time. When it did highlight cells by mistake the app would also often bog down for a few seconds. There was just no consistency for what happened when you touched the screen and it definitely didn't behave the way other apps on the tablet did.

I first reported it as an issue last November in the "Scrolling" thread. Fortunately I saw a tremendous improvement after the v749 update in April.

There have been two updates since v749, and the touch response is still pretty consistent for me. I just checked and I'm able to tap once to select a single cell and then tap that highlighted cell again to drag across and select additional cells. It does require two independent taps rather than a single tap & drag before lifting your finger. Have you checked to be sure your app is up-to-date? You should be up to version 757 now. If you're up-to-date then I don't know what's going on.

I don't think it should makes a difference, but I should probably mention that I'm using a standalone edition of PlanMaker HD for Android that I downloaded separately, not as part of an Office HD suite bundle. It shouldn't matter if your version number matches mine (v757), but there have been other inconsistencies between different editions of their products ported to different platforms.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:22 am

JornadaGuy wrote:After years of using Android Planmaker on a virtually daily basis, I started trying to use the Android Office HD version of Planmaker and I have noticed that the touch response for selecting cells in the spreadsheet is VERY unreliable. This is not the case with any other app on my tablet including the normal Planmaker Free. On the older Planmaker I can rapidly select cells with single taps on the screen. Planmaker HD, on the other hand, often ignores my taps completely. I have to carefully and slowly tap lightly multiple times to improve that situation making Planmaker HD very frustrating to use. All other apps on the device respond to normal screen touch events as expected.

I tried the same using various zoom levels of an empty spreadsheet and my own spreadsheets. The result was the same.

I am using a Samsung Tab Pro 8.4 so it has plenty of processing power and memory. I should also note that it is running Cyanogenmod 12 (basically vanilla Android Lollipop) which is very lean and responsive. I usually have 700-800MB of free RAM. To reiterate, EVERY app on the device responds perfectly to touch except Planmaker HD.

This is disappointing. I'd really like to be able to use the HD version but it's simply too slow and frustrating.
I will report that issue to the developers and inform you as soon as we have a solution.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Sun Feb 12, 2017 11:08 am

I am having the same problem. Sometimes I have to tap a cell over a hundred times before it is selected. I purchased then abandoned Softmaker products years ago for these kinds of rampant bugs. It has been 7 months since this was reported to you. When is it going to be fixed? Planmaker HD is nearly completely dysfunctional. TIA

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Sun May 28, 2017 9:56 pm

It has now been nearly a year since this was reported to you. This app is still as completely dysfunctional as the day it was reported. Please provide an update for this issue. When is it going to be fixed? Please support your products in a timely manner!

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon May 29, 2017 3:21 pm

We will inform you here in the forum as soon as we have a solution.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

AJ_

Post by AJ_ » Thu Jul 06, 2017 12:25 am

Thank you!!
And please expedite. This needs fixed ASAP.

Return to “PlanMaker HD”