More efficient drop down list utilization

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

t_track

More efficient drop down list utilization

Post by t_track » Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:26 pm

Hi,
I originally sent the letter below directly to Softmaker in August 2014. Unfortunately I received no acknowledgement or reply.

Hello Softmaker Team,
I refer to a problem when using drop-down lists in PlanMaker. This has been mentioned by myself and others in the very first Android Beta but is generally relevant. Unfortunately we received no definitive answer.
I use Planmaker for inventory taking for household removals. This involves using a LOT of drop-down lists.
In order to input one selection I have to click on a cell, wait for the drop-down arrow, click the arrow ,wait for the drop down list and then make the selection. Because during the course of an inventory I have to make between 100 and 300 selections it will be a major click-fest.
For practical purposes this method is very inefficient and has been a stumbling block when it comes to using this software.
Over the years of I have trawled the internet and forums trying to find a quicker solution.
This work-around using a double-click http://superuser.com/questions/716623/o ... ntry-excel is almost a solution. The ideal situation of course would be a one-click on cell and drop-down box appears.
I have tried the work-around in the link in Microsoft Excel 2010 and it works OK. Unfortunately trying a similar procedure in SoftMaker PlanMaker for Windows and Android results in no drop-down list when double-clicking, just the cursor blinking.
Please find attached Planmaker and Excel examples.
I would be very grateful if you are able to reply with information as to whether this workaround is possible in PlanMaker or any other solution.
Best regards,
Tony.

Systems details: - Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 edition 3 gig Ram Android Version 4.3, HTC One M8 Android Version 4.4.2 2 gig ram.

EDIT 23rd November 2015………….Over the weekend I downloaded WPS office Limited Free. I was able to use the drop down lists in exactly the manner I wanted. One click on the cell and the drop down list appears straight away. One more click to make the selection. As it should be.
Unfortunately WPS office Limited Free appears to have limitations in other areas and I’m not sure whether or not these limitations would be overcome by purchasing the full version.
I really want to use PlanMaker. Apart from this problem it is great software.
I now know that as per WPS’s implementation it is possible to efficiently use drop down lists.
I would be grateful for any feedback/ solutions either from SoftMaker or other Forum members.

Thanks,

Tony.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: More efficient drop down list utilization

Post by sven-l » Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:10 pm

Could you please attach a small sample file with the dropdown objects you cannot access with quickly? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

t_track

Post by t_track » Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:03 pm

Hi Sven,

Thank you for your reply.

I have sent a file to you via support@softmaker.de

Regards,

Tony.

t_track

Post by t_track » Fri May 03, 2019 9:50 pm

BUMP!

Hi,
Sent a file as requested nearly 3 1/2 years ago.
Received no reply / feedback.

Please reply.

Thanks.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Mon May 13, 2019 11:41 am

I don't quite understand the problem. A single tap on the dropdown arrow opens the dropdown list. You tap on an element in the list, and the output cell is updated. There is no need to click on the cell first.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker HD”