Scrolling [SOLVED]

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bsbd

Scrolling [SOLVED]

Post by bsbd » Wed Nov 04, 2015 9:28 pm

I'm having a heck of a time scrolling with PlanMaker HD on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 tablet.

Based on other apps I'm guessing the normal behavior should be that a quick tap on a cell selects that particular cell, and a quick swipe across multiple cells without ever lifting my finger would move the screen content in that direction. For some reason PlanMaker HD wants to select the first cell I touch and display blue handles on each side of the cell even when I've swiped across the screen without ever lifting my finger. It selects all the cells I've crossed with the swipe and the screen content doesn't move. Usually the app momentarily freezes or bogs down for a few seconds after that. Grrrrr!!!

However, I've noticed it isn't entirely consistent -- after I've had a spreadsheet open for a few minutes sometimes PlanMaker HD will eventually calm down and begin letting me scroll with a swipe (instead of just selecting cells) the way I suspect it should do. It's almost as if something is clogging up things for a while at the beginning.

I've been looking for some kind of option setting in the program that controls user touch behavior, but I haven't been able to find anything. Since I don't seem to have this problem with any of the other three spreadsheet apps I have installed, I'm thinking this isn't something specific to my particular tablet.

Any advice you can offer on how to control this? Or can you replicate and fix? This happens to me even in a new (blank) spreadsheet.

-bsbd
Last edited by bsbd on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Scrolling

Post by sven-l » Wed Nov 11, 2015 5:22 pm

Does it happen with all files (even new ones)?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bsbd

Post by bsbd » Wed Nov 11, 2015 6:56 pm

sven-l wrote:Does it happen with all files (even new ones)?

Yes, I can open a new blank file and it behaves exactly the same as with a large older existing file.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Nov 18, 2015 2:47 pm

Ok, thank you! I will test here and report it to the developers. Please try again with the next service pack as soon as it is available.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bsbd

Re: Scrolling [SOLVED]

Post by bsbd » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:24 pm

The intermittent scrolling issue appears to have been addressed in update 749. Thanks.

-bsbd

Return to “PlanMaker HD”