Set default browser for hyperlinks? [SOLVED]

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bsbd

Set default browser for hyperlinks? [SOLVED]

Post by bsbd » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:40 pm

I have a spreadsheet with hyperlink cells for calling up particular web-based pages (live stock charts). Is there any way to get PlanMaker HD to stop prompting me each and every time to select a browser? I'm being asked to choose between the tablet's original Internet browser app and the Chrome browser app that I've installed and always use. Chrome is registered as the default browser in my tablet's settings (Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro), so I would have expected PlanMaker HD to just follow that setting. Or is there some other way I'm missing (maybe an Option setting within PlanMaker HD) to specify once and for all which browser app to use?

Thanks,

-bsbd
Last edited by bsbd on Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Set default browser for hyperlinks?

Post by sven-l » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:23 pm

Could you please attach that file here or send it to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to that thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bsbd

Post by bsbd » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:56 pm

Hi Sven,

OK, I've just sent an example file to the forum address showing how I use hyperlinking to pull up daily on-line stock charts.

I've also noticed a couple of other things...

Bold fonts don't display properly on my Samsung tablet. In that same example file I sent, I'll see the "B" control is highlighted whenever I select cell A1, B1, or C1, but the font doesn't display in Bold.. Activating Italic and Underline attributes does seem to work properly.

I'm also still trying to nail down another problem... It seems in some cases PlanMaker HD isn't recognizing a Named Range from an Excel-created worksheet. The behavior isn't consistent though, so I don't have a dependable example yet. If I can nail something down, I'll send it to you.

Thanks,

-bsbd

bsbd

Post by bsbd » Thu Sep 24, 2015 1:07 am

I received an email this morning from Martin about how my issue with being prompted for a browser each time I tried to open a hyperlink was because it was an Android OS issue. I responded that Hancom HCell, Excel for Tablet, and Google Sheets all use my default browser (Chrome) without prompting me to select first, and PlanMaker HD is the only program that has this problem. Hopefully someone there will look more closely at the issue and figure out how to make PlanMaker HD use the default browser I have specified in Android. I notice that PlanMaker Mobile Free for Android doesn't have this problem.

Regarding the bold font issue, I just stumbled across the big thread in the TextMaker section about this problem and see it's not exclusive to me or to PlanMaker HD. Pretty surprising to me that this is still an issue. The only font I found that behaves correctly is Calibri, but Arial is my preferred font.

I've also nailed down the quirk I was having using named ranges... but I think I should start a new thread for that.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Oct 30, 2015 1:41 pm

bsbd wrote:Hi Sven,
OK, I've just sent an example file to the forum address showing how I use hyperlinking to pull up daily on-line stock charts.
That issue has been solved and should no longer happen with the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bsbd

Post by bsbd » Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:15 pm

Great, looking forward to it. Thanks.

bsbd

Re: Set default browser for hyperlinks? [SOLVED]

Post by bsbd » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:20 pm

New verson 749 is loading hyperlink pages without prompting for which browser to use. Thanks.

-bsbd

Return to “PlanMaker HD”