Bug report: Copy/Paste Row [SOLVED]

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bsbd

Bug report: Copy/Paste Row [SOLVED]

Post by bsbd » Fri Apr 03, 2015 6:14 pm

If I highlight a row and select "Copy" then highlight a blank row and select "Paste", Planmaker HD will correctly paste the non-empty source cells into the destination row's corresponding cells, but it will also repeat those same cells hundreds of times all the way over to the right-edge of the spreadsheet. After that the program becomes unresponsive for about 15-20 seconds and runs very slowly until I exit the program. This is on a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 tablet.

Planmaker Mobile on a Samsung Galaxy S4 doesn't have this bug, but Planmaker HD Full on my tablet definitely does.
Last edited by bsbd on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Bug report: Copy/Paste Row

Post by sven-l » Fri Apr 10, 2015 3:12 pm

Absolutely reproducible for me. I will inform the developers. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bsbd

Post by bsbd » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:57 pm

It's very disappointing that there still hasn't been an update pushed out to fix this significant problem. In the two months since I reported this crippling bug there has been a major product release of the PC Office suite product, so I guess PlanMaker HD for Android tablets has taken a back seat to that flagship product. To be fair I was waiting to give the developers time to remedy the issue before posting my review at the Google Play app store, but it's getting harder to ignore the lack of support for this paid app. Is there any fix about to be released?

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by Jim-J » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:34 pm

Hello,

This issue is solved. It's planned to implement the fix in the next service pack.
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Sat Jun 06, 2015 4:57 pm

In the meantime, you can simply avoid the problem by not selecting the destination row, but simply pasting there.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bsbd

Post by bsbd » Sun Jun 07, 2015 6:02 pm

Thanks Martin, your suggestion does seem to work. My habit, which was carried over from working in Excel on a PC for years, was to highlight the row below where I want to insert the new copied row and then do the insert from the right-click menu. This would paste the new row and shift everything below that downward all in a single step. With PlanMaker I still haven't figured out a way to eliminate the extra step of having to insert a new blank row first before pasting the copied content.

Perhaps it's the nature of the beast on my Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro tablet, but I will say any time I copy something to the clipboard it then takes 10-20 seconds before I can do anything else such as highlighting a paste destination cell or simply scrolling around. It's a lot more sluggish than what I experience with the PlanMaker mobile version on my Samsung Galaxy S4.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Jun 17, 2015 10:00 am

The problem has been solved and should not occur anymore with the next service pack.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bsbd

Re: Bug report: Copy/Paste Row [SOLVED]

Post by bsbd » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:03 pm

My Samsung tablet finally received an update today. I spot-checked the copy/paste row behavior and it appears to be working properly now with no duplicate cells appearing off to the right after highlighting the destination row and pasting. I believe it may have also help with the post-paste sluggishness too -- it seems to only take a couple of seconds after pasting to be able to select a different cell or row. Thanks.

Return to “PlanMaker HD”