Cast to Screen

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Soapm

Cast to Screen

Post by Soapm » Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:44 pm

I don't see how to cast a ppt presentation onto a screen. We have video equipment at our church and one of the reasons I was testing this application is because Microsoft and Google don't play with each other so It's hard for me to cast presentations from my tablet.

I have Chromecast and all the different casting applications I can find but I don't see in the share or other menus how to send the presentation to the casting software. Is casting ability part of this software?

n-p
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cast to Screen

Post by n-p » Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:07 pm

The easiest way to achieve this is to cast your Android screen to the Chromecast device and then start the slide show.

To do so, please
1. follow these instructions to cast your Android screen to Chromecast: https://support.google.com/chromecast/a ... 9461?hl=en
2. Start Presentations on your Android device and open your presentation file.
3. Start the slide show via Show > Start slide show.

Soapm

Post by Soapm » Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:34 pm

n-p wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 3:07 pm
The easiest way to achieve this is to cast your Android screen to the Chromecast device and then start the slide show.

To do so, please
1. follow these instructions to cast your Android screen to Chromecast: https://support.google.com/chromecast/a ... 9461?hl=en
2. Start Presentations on your Android device and open your presentation file.
3. Start the slide show via Show > Start slide show.
Thanks, I might be reading the link wrong but those look like the directions for turning up the volume on audio you're casting. I don't need to send audio, just a ppt...

From what I can see using the home app you can push pictures, youtube etc... but I can't figure out how to make it cast the desktop or "Android screen." Can you look at your link and see if I'm reading the link and looking at the home app wrong?

Also, the reason I wanted an app that will push to the casting application is so I can use split screen on my tablet and have my notes visible to me while I present the presentation on the screen. I was able to do it with appletv and my ipad, you just put it in split screen and share what ever app you want them to see on the screen. But my ipad died and i've been desperately trying to get my android tablet to fill the role. The multi screen part works fine but if I shared the whole desktop then folks can see my notes. It just seems on android, youtube, the photo app and the camera are all that really push to the casting application.

n-p
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by n-p » Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 am

Please have a look at step 2 from the link above.

It specifies how to mirror your screen to the Chromecast stick:
Step 2. Cast your screen from your Android device
Connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
Open the Google Home app Google Home app.
In the top left corner of the app's Home screen, Account and then Cast Screen / audio and then Cast Screen / audio.
Select your Chromecast or TV with Chromecast built-in.
Anyway, you mention that you want to cast only that one part of your split screen that shows the slide show.
I'm afraid this will not work this way since you'll mirror your complete screen to the Chromecast stick.

At the moment, Presentations itself does not support Chromecast casting natively.
However, this feature is already on our wish list for future versions of Presentations for Android.

Soapm

Post by Soapm » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:24 pm

n-p wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 9:27 am
Anyway, you mention that you want to cast only that one part of your split screen that shows the slide show.
I'm afraid this will not work this way since you'll mirror your complete screen to the Chromecast stick.

At the moment, Presentations itself does not support Chromecast casting natively.
However, this feature is already on our wish list for future versions of Presentations for Android.
Yes, I want to cast just the ppt but not the entire screen so I can still have my notes, I could easily do this on my ipad but can't seem to get this android to do it. Hopefully that feature will come more sooner than later. Thanks.

Return to “PlanMaker HD”