Return Key?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Ren

Return Key?

Post by Ren » Thu Jan 02, 2020 9:56 pm

Firstly: I do a lot of writing, and I've tried a bucket load of Office apps for Android, and about the best so far is Andre Open office, but I'm liking this one more at first glance, apart from the blue tint and...

When I hit the Return key (for a new line), it doesn't work! However, if I press the SHIFT and Return key, it does! Odd. Most odd.

Any ideas? Also the blue tint thing in the other thread. Using an ASUS Chromebook. I've only downloaded this a short time ago, so apologies if this is something that there's a setting for somewhere.

Apart from these two things, this is looking good so far.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Return Key?

Post by miguel-c » Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:56 am

Unfortunately, we officially don't support TextMaker HD on ChromeOS.

Anyway, I found this webpage with Chromebook users with a similar problem on other software:
https://github.com/Automattic/simplenot ... issues/741
It won't provide you with any solution, but maybe you can find a solution online.

Also, be careful if you are inserting new lines or new paragraphs, because in TextMaker:
ENTER = new paragraph
SHIFT+ENTER = new line

Ren

Post by Ren » Fri Jan 03, 2020 7:32 am

Well, thanks for replying anyway. Return on its own doesn't seem to do anything. 😕

Shame, 'cos otherwise this seems to be the best WP I've tried so far on android,with the possible exception of Microsoft, which I refuse to pay on a monthly basis.

I guess the new paragraph makes a sort of sense if you think about it, though maybe future versions you could put a user option in there?

Anyway, keep up the good work.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Jan 03, 2020 8:20 am

The Return key creates a new paragraph on nearly all systems - i.e. those systems where the manufacturer didn't mess with the built-in edit control of Android. This is a problem limited to very few systems.

I hope that the next version works around it.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker HD”