Can't use SoftMaker HD on Samsung tablet or phone

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Woody44

Can't use SoftMaker HD on Samsung tablet or phone

Post by Woody44 » Sun May 26, 2019 5:07 am

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 tablet and a J3 Eclipse cell phone. I installed SoftMaker Office HD on both, and I had to remove them. I have cloud accounts on Dropbox, OneDrive, and Google drive. TextMaker won't connect to any of them when I try to open a document. I get an error message about something not being supported by the application.

I am very disappointed.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can't use SoftMaker HD on Samsung tablet or phone

Post by martin-k » Sun May 26, 2019 9:57 am

Please provide the exact error messages.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

agprysw

Post by agprysw » Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:08 pm

I have just had similar problems trying
a) Textmaker HD basic which works until I try to open a dropbox file, when there is no error message, just jumps straight back to the app main screen
b) I then tried Textmaker HD trial which refused to load on the grounds that it could not connect to the internet. The error message suggested that I reconfigure my proxy server, which I don't have.

This is on a fully updated Samsung T2 tablet running Android 9. On installation, both apps triggered a warning that they were written for an earlier version of Android and might not work. I have paid-for softmaker apps on both my PC and my phone and would be very happy to pay again for a version that works on the tablet.

miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:54 pm

Hi, we're months away from releasing a new version of SoftMaker Office for Android. Thank you for your patience.

Return to “TextMaker HD”