incomplete screen view after re-opening/returning the tab/window for TextMaker Basic HD

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker HD for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

FarmerButtons

incomplete screen view after re-opening/returning the tab/window for TextMaker Basic HD

Post by FarmerButtons » Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:55 pm

<r>I installed TextMaker Basic HD (think it would be termed an APP) from Google Apps store around 1 year ago (spring 2018). <B><s></s><I><s></s>Right away I discovered that there was an issue with opening after leaving/switching tabs/windows.<e></e></I><e></e></B> <br/>
When I first select the icon from my apps screen to open TextMaker Basic HD without having the App open at all, the TextMaker Basic HD opens and displays wonderfully (no issue with appearances or functions) But... Any time I leave the tab/window, for example: (go to; my Android APPs screen, any other previous open APP, or "minimize" the TextMaker Basic HD - it will not open correctly whenever I return to it. Whether I select the TextMaker Basic HD via the currenty open tab/window which it is in or the icon in my Android APP screen, the probem is allways there. The problem is consistent. It never re-opens appropriately. <br/>
The problem is recognizable as an incomplete version of the TextMaker Basic HD screen. The icons are absent in the tool bars, the written text of a document if written in is not shown, but the screen backround color (white) and margins are shown. Also a mini size of the incomplete screen view version appears to in foreground on the lower left corner. Or the just the mini size of the screen view is seen in foreground at the lower left and the rest of the background where the TextMaker Basic HD screen view normally would be is black. Endless waiting doesn't allow the screen view icons etc to fill in. However I discovered that moving the cursor or using the touchscreen over the toolbar slowly causes the icons to appear in there proper places. Also clicking/tapping the TextMaker Basic HD's save file icon will cause the icons to appear all at once and the mini view to disappear as well. Much of the icons and screen will also re-appear by tapping specific spots on the mini view. By hiting the "enter" key, taping the screen in the area the written text should be, and/ or sliding fingers as if trying to enlarge or zoom the screen will make the writen text appear but not the entire view and icons. Once these steps are done and the normal view is achieved I can successfully write, edit, & save my work... Until I leave the tab/window as doing so will make the incomplete view re-appear when the TextMaker Basic HD is returned to. <br/>
There is no problem opening saved "tmd, rtf, doc, etc files when selecting the open a file icon from the TextMaker Basic HD's toolbar. <br/>
I have recognized that the files are being saved automatically<br/>
as i write them and a file recovery function has been working. I have not been losing work or files just annoyed with the re-opening issue after leaving the tap/window in which the APP is active.<br/>
Love the usefulness of TextMaker Basic HD for many reasons.
My device is a Packard Bell by Southern Telecom; system: Android 7.0 installed factory. It has a dockable key board which I typically use during TextMaker Basic HD functions. The device also carries an onscreen keyboard function, and voice to text which work for writing in the TextMaker Basic HD. Being the device is a very generic product device I can't find much info or help specifically to the device. Still I hope you can advise or help in regards to the re-opening isssue..</r>

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: incomplete screen view after re-opening/returning the tab/window for TextMaker Basic HD

Post by sven-l » Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:42 am

No other customers report such problems with TextMaker Basic HD. Does a new installation solve that issue?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

FarmerButtons

Re: incomplete screen view after re-opening/returning the tab/window for TextMaker Basic HD

Post by FarmerButtons » Fri Apr 05, 2019 5:09 pm

sven-l wrote:
Fri Apr 05, 2019 10:42 am
No other customers report such problems with TextMaker Basic HD. Does a new installation solve that issue?
Are you suggesting that it is possible to uninstall the TextMaker Basic HD and then after the completion of the uninstall to install it as if it had never been in my device or user account before??
I have uninstalled various apps in the same device under the same user account before and have returned to the google app store to check reviews etc of the apps which I had uninstalled and doing so I noticed the install Icon/ button was not present for those apps. Which led me to the assumption that re-installing a previously uninstalled app was blocked or not permitted.
I would uninstall and re-install TextMaker Basic HD if that is possible and permitted. I would expect there is a policy on TextMaker written somewhere to indicate whether such actions by the user are permitted or not. Just haven't seen or know where find the policy. I will be looking though..

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Apr 09, 2019 1:39 pm

Are you suggesting that it is possible to uninstall the TextMaker Basic HD and then after the completion of the uninstall to install it as if it had never been in my device or user account before??
Yes, but make sure to delete the cache/program data first, then uninstall it completely and perform a new installation.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker HD”