New Version of SO HD for Android

General questions and answers about SoftMaker Office HD for Android. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: New Version of SO HD for Android

Post by Jossi » Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:35 pm

Well, I for my part prefer a thoroughly tested software over a prematurely published one full of bugs.

iamxmant

Post by iamxmant » Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:48 am

may i be beta tester?

vtpoet

Post by vtpoet » Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:06 pm

Jossi wrote:
Thu Dec 31, 2020 6:35 pm
Well, I for my part prefer a thoroughly tested software over a prematurely published one full of bugs.
For my part, I find that the greatest stumbling block is not with problematic software, but with cagey and opaque support. Transparency engenders good will.

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Sat Jan 02, 2021 7:06 pm

vtpoet wrote:
Fri Jan 01, 2021 6:06 pm
For my part, I find that the greatest stumbling block is not with problematic software, but with cagey and opaque support. Transparency engenders good will.
The better the software, the less need for support. :-) So far, I have never had reason to complain about bad support from SoftMaker. But if you are hinting at the lack of a firm release date, let me say that developers always are between a rock and a hard place there: If they refuse to give a binding release date because of the inevitable uncertainties inherent in every software development process, they will be accused of intransparency; if they give a date and can't keep it later, they will be accused of unreliability.

vtpoet

Post by vtpoet » Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:06 pm

My own experience has been very good. When I used Softmaker office as my primary word processor (before I was forced to leave it because they allowed Android HD to fall so far behind) I was generally pleased by Softmaker's responsiveness and technical support. They addressed all of the bugs I brought to their attention, which is the reason I bought and upgraded to 2021. On the other hand, simply responding to requests for an equation editor in Linux (for example) by saying that the request will be forwarded to developers (after saying this for five years straight(?) is insulting. The same goes for Android HD. Being transparent =/= setting a release date. Just my own feelings on the matter.

iamxmant

Post by iamxmant » Sun Jan 03, 2021 12:01 pm

vtpoet wrote:
Sat Jan 02, 2021 11:06 pm
My own experience has been very good. When I used Softmaker office as my primary word processor (before I was forced to leave it because they allowed Android HD to fall so far behind) I was generally pleased by Softmaker's responsiveness and technical support. They addressed all of the bugs I brought to their attention, which is the reason I bought and upgraded to 2021. On the other hand, simply responding to requests for an equation editor in Linux (for example) by saying that the request will be forwarded to developers (after saying this for five years straight(?) is insulting. The same goes for Android HD. Being transparent =/= setting a release date. Just my own feelings on the matter.
agree, i think so

Gdecol56

Post by Gdecol56 » Sat Jan 09, 2021 10:59 pm

I appreciate the offer of being involved but I don't see any feature for downloading the app and I'm not sure how much hope I could be without having access to download or use the app itself.

Return to “SoftMaker Office HD for Android (General)”