Irritating press coverage

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker HD for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

seasidepb

Irritating press coverage

Post by seasidepb » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:08 pm

ZD Net currently has a feature asking whether MS Office is the best productivity suite for Android. http://www.zdnet.com/pictures/does-micr ... -showdown/
It doesn't even consider Softmaker ... I've put this right in the comments, but it is irritating. I spent a long time looking for an Android suite that could handle ODF files and it was the absence of press coverage which made me think it didn't exist. Ironically, once I'd discovered Softmaker and began to explore the software properly I sidelined LibreOffice so the ODF support became less important. I still keep a copy of MS Office 2013 to check compatibility when exchanging files with clients, but I've found Textmaker works so well that I don't need to worry (sadly compatibility is still an issue with LibreOffice).
Anyway, just saying it's a pity the media don't do you justice. I hope your Office 2015 gives you something to shout about, though I think your Android HD was such a big step forward you might have expected it to attract more attention.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Irritating press coverage

Post by martin-k » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:21 am

Yes, that's a general problem. We are now intensifying our PR work so that journalists are better informed about our software.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

seasidepb

Post by seasidepb » Tue Jan 27, 2015 11:38 am

Hah! I see Matthew Miller of ZD Net took the hint and has now published a glowing review of the Android HD suite - http://www.zdnet.com/pictures/softmaker ... our-hands/

Hope it brings you the recognition you deserve.

Best wishes
Paul

Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi » Tue Jan 27, 2015 8:52 pm

Paul, thank you for your action! As martin-k already wrote, SoftMaker Office is quite often and without apparent reason ignored by the media, even here in Germany where it is developed. It always drives me crazy to see test reports with other applications coming out on top when I know SoftMaker to be so much better. In this case, Matthew Miller surely made good his omission!

Return to “SoftMaker Office HD for Android (General)”