Google Drive

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker HD for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

gsnow

Google Drive

Post by gsnow » Fri Mar 13, 2015 2:26 am

If I open any file using Softmaker HD (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), I am unable to save it to my Google Drive. When I try to save it, I get a message that it is being transferred but the file is not there when I try to access it.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Google Drive

Post by sven-l » Wed Mar 18, 2015 12:42 pm

Did you use the File=>Save as command in TextMaker/PlanMaker to access Google Drive?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

tdarais

Post by tdarais » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:41 pm

For all three HD products, when I go to login to Google Drive, it launches Chrome, then I select my Google email account, and then I select allow, and then I get the message "This site can't be reached localhost refused to connect." The first time I tried after selecting allow it gave me the choice of selecting Textmaker HD or Chrome, and I selected Chrome. Now I can't clear the "localhost" error message even after uninstalling and installing Textmaker HD and uninstalling and installing Chrome.

OneDrive and DropBox logins were a snap, however!

Tom D.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:44 am

Please make sure you delete the program data before you uninstall the app.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Soapm

Post by Soapm » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:14 pm

sven-l wrote:
Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:44 am
Please make sure you delete the program data before you uninstall the app.
Is there a trick to deleting the program data? I went into the app list, found the app and hit clear data then uninstalled but I'm still getting the localhost error when I try to log into google.

I have the version that says, "Office HD Textmaker basic". I believe it was a paid version?

How do I get help with this?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Oct 12, 2018 8:51 am

No, Basic mean that it is the free version (without technical support). And yes, it seems you already deleted the program data. Please also delete the program data of your web browser. This should solve the issue.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Soapm

Post by Soapm » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:00 am

This didn't solve the problem, I'm still getting the local host error after I hit allow.

I'm using a Galaxy Tab S 8.4 tablet with Marshmallow and Firefox browser.

I downloaded and tried opera as browser and got the same results. It says "webpage not available" after I hit allow.

Edited to add...

I loaded the app in my Bluestacks Android emulator, and as the poster tdarais says on 10/24/17, I got the option to choose browser or textmaker after I hit allow. Remembering their post, I chose textmaker and was able to successfully connect textmaker to my google drive. It would be nice if I were able to get that selection box to appear on my tablet or android phone because both of them go directly to the local host error with no option of making a choice.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:07 pm

Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office HD for Android (General)”