Pasting pictures?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Presentations Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

donone

Pasting pictures?

Post by donone » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:17 am

I have been unable to discover how to paste r external paste other than text.
I assume a presentation can be made other than simply with words and so could you please help.
Are there to be any transitions or similar?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Pasting pictures?

Post by martin-k » Thu Oct 11, 2012 11:30 am

As far as I know, Android only supports a text clipboard. That's why the SoftMaker Office apps all have their own internal clipboard that isn't limited in this way.

The closest you can get in Android is to put the image in the gallery and insert it in Presentations from the gallery.

Transitions and animations, if they already exist in the PowerPoint file, are played, but there is currently no way to add new transitions or animations.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

jhh112

Post by jhh112 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:10 am

Hi. I am running the trial version of Presentation on a Nexus 7 (2012) running Android 3.1. I have been trying to figure out how to insert pictures (jpg files), but have had no luck. In a previous note on this topic, it was said that you need to paste them from Gallery. Well, on my Android, there doesn't seem to be a copy command in Gallery, nor is there an "Insert from Gallery" option that I can find in Presentation. This is an essential feature for me. Can someone please help me out? thanks jhh

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:37 am

You need to insert a slide with a placeholder for images (Menu=>Slide=>"Insert new slide"). Then tap on such a placeholder and you can insert your picture.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

jhh112

Post by jhh112 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:42 pm

Sven--thanks very much for the fast reply with the tip. I will try it tonight. JHH

jhh112

Re: Pasting pictures? works well!

Post by jhh112 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Sven--I followed your instructions and graphics now work fine in Presentations on my Nexus 7. For my scientific slides, I often need to combine equations, plots, and images and fine tune their relative positions at the pixel level. So I downloaded the Hacker Keyboard, which has arrow keys, and found that I can move objects around pixel by pixel to get edges to line up, etc. This works fine, but is there away to do this in Presentations already that I have missed? All in all, I am most impressed with your mobile office suite, which is excellent for my needs. Keep up the good work, and best wishes for success. Jeffrey Harris

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:30 am

As long as you are using frames (like the placeholders) you can tap on them and move them around. But it also works with the keyboard.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

jhh112

Post by jhh112 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Yes, I can move them around with the touch cursor, but on my Nexus 7 (2012 version), I find that this is not as precise as using arrow keys. At least for me. But all in all, I am pleased with this effective piece of software at a very attractive price. JHH

Return to “Presentations Mobile for Android”