Unsupported Protection

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Robin Holt

Unsupported Protection

Post by Robin Holt » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:36 pm

I have a file that I routinely keep in Dropbox created in PlanMaker 2016 Windows (757) with a read password. When trying to open that file with PlanMaker Mobile (701) I receive a message "Unsupported version of password protection. Document will not be opened.". The document opens fine with PlanMaker HD Basic, but Office HD Basic is really more than I need on my smartphone.

Is PlanMaker Mobile going to be updated in the future to handle 2016 passwords or are we approaching the end of the road for this product?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Unsupported Protection

Post by sven-l » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:19 pm

PlanMaker Mobile for Android is based on PlanMaker 2012 whereas PlanMaker HD is based on PlanMaker 2016. That's why PlanMaker Mobile cannot handle password protected files created in PlanMaker 2016.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Unsupported Protection

Post by martin-k » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:21 pm

However, starting with the next service pack, PlanMaker 2016 will let you choose between "maximum security" and "maximum compatibility" for password protection. Choosing the latter will let you open the files in PlanMaker Mobile (and other non-MS office suites that don't implement the most modern encryption).
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker Mobile for Android”