Where does PlanMaker save the file?

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Luke Drillhead

Where does PlanMaker save the file?

Post by Luke Drillhead » Thu May 08, 2014 8:00 pm

I bought SoftMaker Office for Linux a few months ago. Today I took the plunge and bought the Android versions of TextMaker and PlanMaker. I need to figure out how to get spreadsheets and documents from my laptop to my android and vice versa. My phone is the Moto G.

In PlanMaker/Android I made a spreadsheet named "test.xls" and in TextMaker I made "test.doc" and saved them both to the default locations on the phone. My plan was to look with my laptop and see where they showed up. Then I would know where to copy files. I'm using MS Office file formats as the standard because I sometimes work with LibreOffice, which uses formats not supported yet by SoftMaker. So I plugged in my cable from my phone to my Kubuntu Linux laptop and the phone shows up, but I cannot find the test spreadsheet and document that I made. On the phone a bunch of folders show up:
Ringtones
Podcasts
Pictures
Notifications
Music
Movies
Download
dict
DCIM
AnkiDroid
Android
Alarms
AI Factory Stats

I've been looking through them, but I can't for the life of me find the test files that I made. I would think they would be under "Android," but I had no luck there. Under that there's a sub-folder named "data" to which I said, "Ah-hah!," but I had no luck. There were more subfolders under that, all of which were for apps I had installed like Chrome, a French/English dictionary, maps, etc., but I could not find a SoftMaker one.

How do I get my SoftMaker spreadsheets and documents two and from my laptop? Where do the saved ones go by default when I make a spreadsheet or document on the Android?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Where does PlanMaker save the file?

Post by sven-l » Fri May 09, 2014 8:59 am

It depends what your default folder for files is. Please have a look in TextMaker's/PlanMaker's menu in File=>Save as. It should show you a folder like "Internal memory/Downloads" with your files in it. Also, you can switch between the internal and external (SD card) memory and save your files in both locations.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker Mobile for Android”