Currency Designation and Formatting

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

kenb8s

Currency Designation and Formatting

Post by kenb8s » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:47 pm

Further to my post of few days ago, I would add that I am using the latest version of SoftMaker Office 2012.

Yesterday, for some completely mysterious reason, I had access to my files again! Apart from making the best of the opportunity, I did come across another difficulty. There may be an entirely rational way of doing this but (in the time available) I did not find it. I was seeking to insert a new column in my PlanMaker spreadsheet and define all entries in that column to be UK currency. Of course, I know how to do this in M.S. Excel but, having created the new column, the entries are just numbers.

Today, PlanMaker is up to its old tricks and I have been unable to get the program to start. In fact, it had disappeared completely and I had to reinstal the program from the setup file. I really need to get the issue solved soon if I am to continue using SoftMaker.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Currency Designation and Formatting

Post by sven-l » Wed Jul 03, 2013 11:56 am

To insert a new column, right click on a column header and select "Insert Cells" from the context menu.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

kenb8s

Re: Currency Designation and Formatting

Post by kenb8s » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:14 pm

Thank you for your reply, Sven,

I have , in the interim time, found how to insert a column. The problem with designating the entries as GBP, using the "£" sign still eludes me when working on my tablet.

I have, now, purchased another license to install Softmaker Standard on my PC. I am hoping to experiment with setting up my spreadsheets at home on my PC and copying them over to my tablet (which does not have a "£" sign).
When posing the question I was still away on holiday and was seeking a reply to pre-determine the currency of entries in the particular, extra, column I had created. As you will appreciate, the area of a spreadsheet visible on a tablet is severely restricted so, by having the currency symbol appear automatically, I was attempting to reduce entering data into the wrong column.

Ken

Return to “PlanMaker Mobile for Android”