Keyboard shortcuts

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

pelago

Keyboard shortcuts

Post by pelago » Sun Mar 24, 2013 2:48 pm

I use an Android phone with a built-in slide-out physical keyboard (Sony Xperia Pro). It would be good if I could use the keyboard for the following things:

- Cut (usually Menu+X in other apps)
- Copy (Menu+C)
- Paste (Menu+V)
- Save (Menu+S)
- And any other features that can be done in the desktop versions, substituting Menu for Ctrl.

Also it would be good to be able to start editing in the current cell using the keyboard, maybe by pressing Enter. Enter currently moves down to the cell below, but I can easily use the down arrow for that.

Thanks.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Keyboard shortcuts

Post by sven-l » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:12 am

There will be a new update available soon with some improvements for hardware keyboards. Please try again as soon as the update is available.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

pelago

Post by pelago » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:27 pm

Thanks, I look forward to it. In case I wasn't clear, when I say it would be good if I could start editing in the current cell using the keyboard, I mean like you can do using F2 on a desktop. Of course there is no F2 key on Android phones with keyboards, hence my suggestion of using Enter for this. This works well on a different spreadsheet app I used on a previous non-Android phone with keyboard.

pelago

Post by pelago » Mon Dec 02, 2013 2:44 pm

I was looking forward to the new hardware keyboard functionality, but I see that it hasn't been made available in build 684.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:15 am

CTRL+C, CTRL+X and CTRL+V work properly for me with PlanMaker rev.684 and Hacker's keyboard.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

pelago

Post by pelago » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:19 pm

Thanks. Still doesn't work for me (using Menu instead of Ctrl, as is standard) on my Xperia Pro with hardware keyboard.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:32 pm

pelago wrote:Thanks. Still doesn't work for me (using Menu instead of Ctrl, as is standard) on my Xperia Pro with hardware keyboard.
Have they ever worked before on this device with PlanMaker Mobile?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

pelago

Post by pelago » Fri Dec 13, 2013 2:47 pm

martin-k wrote:
pelago wrote:Thanks. Still doesn't work for me (using Menu instead of Ctrl, as is standard) on my Xperia Pro with hardware keyboard.
Have they ever worked before on this device with PlanMaker Mobile?
I've only tried in build 684 (which I bought) and whatever the one prior to that was (which I used the 30 day trial), and it hasn't worked in either. Menu+X, Menu+C, Menu+V work in my device in other apps, even other spreadsheet apps.

I realise that phones with hardware keyboards are few and far between, but for me, quick cutting/copying and pasting is a vital part of my spreadsheet productivity, and it would also be extremely useful to have keyboard shortcuts to save, plus other things like insert new row, and edit the current cell. I'm glad to see that I can use the hardware keyboard to select ranges, using shift and the cursor keys, just like on a desktop.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:46 pm

Which Android version is installed on your Sony Xperia Pro?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

pelago

Post by pelago » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:08 pm

2.3.4. Sony did later release an upgrade to 4.0.4 but I hope you're not going to say that I have to install that. The upgrade was optional from Sony's point of view, as the hardware isn't really up to the demands of running 4.0.4 and several features had to be disabled, so many people stuck with 2.3.4.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:11 pm

Thank you for the information. I will refer it to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker Mobile for Android”