Selecting Cells

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ToniChaffin

Selecting Cells

Post by ToniChaffin » Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:12 pm

I am new to this application and thus far it beats anything else I have tried Excel related on my test Galaxy Note. I have gone straight for the paid version as I was not sure that the Trial was fully functional.

I do have one question though, when I am selecting, or should I say trying to, it keeps selecting double cells. For example I have a cell with a title and then the next cell down is a data validation list, it seems very difficult to select the drop list arrow. Is there something I am doing wrong here. I am being accurate because I am using the SPen to make my selections so it is not 'Fat Finger' syndrome.

Thanks

Toni Chaffin

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Selecting Cells

Post by sven-l » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:44 am

The only "double cell syndrome" I could reproduce was when I tapped on the bottom border line of a selected cell. Then it automatically adds the next cell under to the selection. Does it work beter if you use your fingers instead of the pen (maybe with another zoom level)?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Byron Siegel

Post by Byron Siegel » Sun Nov 03, 2013 12:13 pm

I experienced the same maddening problem with multiple cell selections as Toni. I tried a number of different things, including 200% zoom to make sure I was not hitting the cell borders ('Fat Finger' syndrome). I had almost given up on PlanMaker when I stumbled across what may be a *temporary* fix: Toggling the row/column headers on/off seems to be a short term solution, however it's premature to make any definitive statement.

In any case there's a bug in PlanMaker that should be addressed. Using PlanMaker Trial Rev 678.325 on Samsung Galaxy S3 (Model SCH-I535) running Android 4.1.2. I'll try to remember to write system information the next time I run into the problem. If so, where do I send the bug report?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:59 pm

Please send all bug reports to support(at)softmaker.de. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker Mobile for Android”