Open files ods (openoffice Calc)

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for PlanMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

emartinmg

Open files ods (openoffice Calc)

Post by emartinmg » Wed Oct 03, 2012 5:31 pm

I work in libre office Calc in my netbook, but files ods, can't open in Plan Maker for android 2012, You will support ods?

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Open files ods (openoffice Calc)

Post by martin-k » Thu Oct 04, 2012 10:09 am

It's on the wishlist, but there is no deadline for implementation.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

JJordan

Re: Open files ods (openoffice Calc)

Post by JJordan » Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:32 pm

TextMaker is the only word processor on Android that edits .odt files. I don't know how long that has been the case but as soon as I discovered it I bought all three of your office products and installed them. I also downloaded a trial version of your Linux office suite. The point of all this is that every office product on Google Play Market supports M$oft formats; supporting open document formats (ODF) is a great way to differentiate your products likely leading to some loyal customers especially in the Linux community and perhaps as importantly some exposure in Linux forums and possibly magazines. While the ODF community is small (at least in the US) in comparison to the M$oft format community it is a much less crowded competition space on Android. Android has an almost 100% market share among Linux/BSD/etc. users and while those users almost universally demand free software on their desktop they don't seem to mind paying reasonable prices for software on their phones and tablets. Linux users are also frequently in a position to recommend or approve software either in an official capacity or just among their friends and family even for the M$oft sheep who need an office suite on their phone or a reasonably priced one on their home computer.

All of that to say; making the support of open document formats a priority across your Android product line would be a great marketing strategy. For my part, I will do my best to get the word out that TextMaker supports .odt on Android.

Regards,
j

Return to “PlanMaker Mobile for Android”