A Few Remarks about TextMaker 691.0715.gs

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Jake

A Few Remarks about TextMaker 691.0715.gs

Post by Jake » Thu Jul 24, 2014 2:04 pm

Having been a purchasing TM user since TM 2002 for HPC, I have several suggestions for later versions. I'm using the current TM on a Galaxy S5.

1) the on-screen keyboard should appear when the screen is tapped, much the way QuickOffice Pro and Google's QuickOffice can access the keyboard without a series of screen presses (File/Tools/...). This is an issue when users hide the toolbar.

2) TM's pinch-to-zoom still lags behind QO. I have many more custom view settings in QO simply by pinching. To have the same set of settings in TM, I need to manually enter a numeric zoom setting. I can replicate the limited pinch-to-zoom on both an S5 and Sidekick 4G

3) QO Pro gives more lines per screen. Even TM's single-spacing has too much real estate between each line

TM still lacks a thesaurus, smart quotes, smart text, and many other features of TM's other platforms. I feel there's an unusual lack of attention to detail in TM for Android (of course, I think that's true for all Android word processors). Each release is more of a repair of an earlier release rather than a concerted effort to introduce new features.

Though I would like to use TM for Android (since I use my purchased TM versions on other OSs), and with every TM release, I give it a shot, I return to QuickOffice Pro. QO Pro may be discontinued, but it still provides better use of the screen and owns a better pinch to zoom.

I apologize for not being more encouraging,
Jake

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: A Few Remarks about TextMaker 691.0715.gs

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:51 am

Thank you! I will refer your suggestions to the developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”