TextMaker typing issue and restore issue

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for TextMaker Mobile for Android.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

ALE

TextMaker typing issue and restore issue

Post by ALE » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:24 am

Every time I go to add text previously in a document, the program shows the "please wait" dialogue after every two keys I press. This is making revising my documents incredibly difficult and unnecessarily frustrating. I have a paid full version of the program and am running Android 4.1.2 on a Toshiba Thrive. The problem has occurred with a USB keyboard, my bluetooth keyboard, and the on-screen keyboard, so I highly doubt it is the keyboard causing it.

This is on top of the fact that the application occassionally crashes and, upon recovery, is missing my last paragraph of text, whether I saved or not, but when I close the restored version and open the file directly, all my text is actually still there (I save in RTF format).

Both of these issues befuddle me. I have disabled autosaving, but not backups, as this seems to be what is saving me when the program crashes.

Any help would be appreciated, as I use this program daily for my creative writing and it is starting to be quite irksome to work with this program.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: TextMaker typing issue and restore issue

Post by sven-l » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:54 am

Is the spell checker running in the background? If yes, does it help to deactivate it? which revision of SoftMaker Office is running on your device?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

ALE

Post by ALE » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:40 pm

sven-l wrote:Is the spell checker running in the background? If yes, does it help to deactivate it? which revision of SoftMaker Office is running on your device?

My spell checker turns itself off and the typing problem persists.

Revision is 689.0328.GS

This is just odd. Things tend to get more wonky if my document is very long (past thirty thousand words or so).

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:01 am

A sample file would be nice to try to reproduce that problem here. Could you please send us one to forum(at)softmaker.de? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

ALE

Post by ALE » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:59 pm

I can send you the file I am currently working on revisions with- it's a 60k+ word fanfiction (yes, I'm one of those geeky people). Is that what you mean by a sample file?

Jim-J
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by Jim-J » Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:05 am

ALE wrote:I can send you the file I am currently working on revisions with- it's a 60k+ word fanfiction (yes, I'm one of those geeky people). Is that what you mean by a sample file?
Yes, that's what he meant :) . Please sent the file to forum(at)softmaker.de
Jim J.
SoftMaker Software GmbH

ALE

Post by ALE » Fri Jun 20, 2014 10:39 pm

It's sent.

If it helps any, I turned the spell check off, it was working better for about a minute, and then the "please wait" dialogue box started popping up every other keystroke again.

etisze

Post by etisze » Tue Oct 07, 2014 12:21 pm

Hi !

I'm experiencing the same issue and it is preventing me from working properly. As said previously, a "please wait" textbox briefly appears every second keystroke or so, and what is typed during that brief textbox is not taken into acount. Therefore you just simply cannot type...

I have tried several tricks, but nothing seems to work. It is really weird because all has been working fine for a long time now.

My device : asus tf701

I am working on quite a large file also ( as I have always been...).

Working on another app is painful (not trying to flatter, here, just true).

Any clue ?

etisze

Post by etisze » Tue Oct 07, 2014 6:29 pm

I just noticed that for me it only happens in "wrap text mode".

At least I can now work in page mode.

Any clue why it happens in wrap text mode, and if there is a way to get ot to work ( it is a great view to work with)

thanks !

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:56 am

Can you please send a sample file to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to that thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

rferran

Post by rferran » Thu Mar 26, 2015 8:12 pm

Hello.
I'm experiencing the same typing issue: “Please wait” every time I insert a single character and I try to insert the next one.
Please, help. Does anybody find out what's the matter? I'm loosing my religion and my nerves with that.
Thanks in advance.

ALE

Post by ALE » Fri Mar 27, 2015 12:41 pm

It never did change for me. I've had to switch to Kingsoft Office :( .

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:02 pm

rferran wrote:Hello.
I'm experiencing the same typing issue: “Please wait” every time I insert a single character and I try to insert the next one.
Please, help. Does anybody find out what's the matter? I'm loosing my religion and my nerves with that.
Thanks in advance.
Does it happen with all files? Does it only happen in "wrap text mode"?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “TextMaker Mobile for Android”