Convert license to google play license

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

owenf

Convert license to google play license

Post by owenf » Fri Jun 14, 2013 8:47 pm

Hello, I bought Planmaker, texmaker, and presentationmaker from the softmaker website for $30 before they were available on google play. Now, when there is an update, I have to manually download the new files and install them myself.

I assume that if I had waited and bought them on Google play, they could be set to automatically download and install updates?

I would like to convert my purchase so that I can have it via Google Play for automatic updating.

Thanks,
Owen

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Convert license to google play license

Post by sven-l » Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:47 pm

Updates are not that often. We release them every few months. I think it should be no problem to download and install the .apk files then.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

owenf

Post by owenf » Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Hello and thanks for the response.

I can assure you that it is a problem. I am very busy and checking every few months for updates, manually downloading them and installing them is most definitely a problem. I paid good money for the software- could I please have the license converted so that I can get automatic updates?

Thank you.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Fri Jul 05, 2013 8:18 am

The technical forum is not the right place for such questions. Please write a short e-mail to the sales team (sales(at)softmaker.de). Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

goodwinod

Post by goodwinod » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:28 am

I second this comment. It is a huge pain to have to manually download them manually. I wish I wouldn't have bought the program through the website.

Ticcer

Post by Ticcer » Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:31 pm

sven-l wrote:Updates are not that often. We release them every few months. I think it should be no problem to download and install the .apk files then.
I think Softmaker misunderstood the OP; He did not say that downloading and manually installing the .apk's was problematic, he was politely referring to the Right Royal pain in the arse it is to manually download and install the .apk's.

I too would have liked to have had the google play version.

I too paid you €27.99 which is approximately just over $40 Australian dollars, for something that is a pain to reinstall.

I've had to dig into my archived emails from a business I used to own, to get the registration code. Then I downloaded the .APK's from links previously supplied to the aforementioned defunct email address. Then I had to install a file management tool so I could navigate to those .APK's in order to install the software. Then manually enter the registration code.

I was an early adopter of this software suite that I paid approximately just over $40 AUD for, which I could now get for a 'retail price' of $14.97 AUD on the easy & simple, Google play.

As it turns out, all I had to do to get your software for less than half the price I paid for it, and acquire a much easier time of installing and updating through Google Play, was to NOT support you and your company, and wait until the launch dust settled.

I eagerly awaited your Android suite, I told everyone I know to seriously look at your planmaker app, and converted a few probable iPhone sales to Android as a result. I have been supporting your company since Window's Mobile days, and I am more than a little peeved at the status quo.... that was an understatement.

You may choose to ignore the reality. You may choose to pontificate about how easy it should be for the end user to install your software manually. And, of course, you may choose to just ignore people like me complaining about this issue; but in my view, you messed up your launch campaign, significantly overcharged the early adopters, who now have to mess about with an antiquated system of software installation, while everyone else pays much less, and enoys a stress free ownership experience.

How insulting and arrogant can you be, is what I ask?

Also, Why do you think it is appropriate that I, your customer, have to make an attempt to convince your sales team of my point of view, before you will do what is ethically and morally right?

Since I saw that you moved the sales of your Android product to Google Play, I have had what is commonly known as Buyers Remorse. Buyers Remorse is something you really need to avoid.

So, I repeat a part of the OP's question, "Can I convert my over-priced purchase so that I can have it via Google Play for smooth automatic updating, and reinstallation purposes."

Many thanks

Ticcer

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:05 am

Ticcer wrote:
So, I repeat a part of the OP's question, "Can I convert my over-priced purchase so that I can have it via Google Play for smooth automatic updating, and reinstallation purposes."

Many thanks

Ticcer
Please contact the sales team via sales(at)softmaker.de. They should be able to help you in that case. Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:11 pm

Ticcer, the installation method you have described is indeed overly complicated, but it hasn't been necessary since last November. The current method (also described in our service pack announcement mails) is to run one of our apps and press Menu > Help > Check for Updates. You will receive a window with three download links. You tap on each of them, and the respective app will be installed. And since you didn't uninstall the old revision before, you usually do not have to re-enter the activation code.

About exchanging the software, Sven already suggested to contact our sales department.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android (General)”