Options - Validation

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

_FP_

Options - Validation

Post by _FP_ » Sat Jan 05, 2013 10:25 pm

Two items to request (apologize for the length):

- An option I use multiples of times a day in Excel is to select a few cells in a row or column in the middle of my sheet to see the Sum or Average at the bottom right of the screen for entry into other handwritten forms without having to create a cell with a function or modify my current workbook every time I need these numbers.

- A different validation timeout. I’ve not upgraded to the newest MS products but I seem to remember that even they worked out of the box for several weeks while waiting for a connection (call home.) I have in the past had to do a factory reset while in the field, reinstall and load most current documents and worksheets till I get home to finish updates and validations.

I was given a Sumsung Galaxy Tab 2 7 for Christmas, downloaded Planmaker 30 day trail and installed to see if these are capable of replacing my Dell X50v (getting old but still reliable.) I work were often there is no WiFi (I travel almost exclusively in rural areas and all the software I use must work independently of the cloud for up to 3 weeks at a time (don’t own a $400 – $800 dollar smart phone or subscribe to a $500 – $800+ data plan each year.)

My concern comes from what I experienced installing Planmaker on a fresh tablet. New to Android and tablets one would think that the factory installed apps would be good to go. I keep seeing ‘Unfortunately Planmaker has stopped.’ I tried many combinations of uninstall, reinstall, stop, clear cache, rooted and not rooted.

After the third day of working with installing and trying Planmaker (as if in the field) Google Play informed me it needed an update that solved the problem. I finally found the Android tips and tricks on your web site that explained the problem I may have been experiencing (validation.) Even though Google needs to be in the loop (given corporate agreements,) why does your app need to be locked from the start if it’s a trial or a fresh install downloaded from and paid to Softmaker? A better time out mechanism certainly would cover all the bases in my humble opinion.

Sincerely, FP

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Options - Validation

Post by sven-l » Tue Jan 08, 2013 9:12 am

I will refer your requests as suggestions for future versions to our developers.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android (General)”