Purchasing SoftMaker for Android

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

bluffhollow

Purchasing SoftMaker for Android

Post by bluffhollow » Sat Sep 01, 2012 8:26 pm

I'd like to purchase your SoftMaker for Android, but the screen goes blank when I attempt to enter my username and password. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks for a great product.

batmanbegins

Re: Purchasing SoftMaker for Android

Post by batmanbegins » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:28 am

Will softmaker android be available on google play?

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Yes, it will be available on Google Play but it will need some time.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Mon Sep 03, 2012 1:17 pm

bluffhollow wrote:I'd like to purchase your SoftMaker for Android, but the screen goes blank when I attempt to enter my username and password. Is there a way to get around this?

Thanks for a great product.
Is there no error message? Please try again with another web browser like Firefox or Google Chrome. Does that work?
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

bluffhollow

Post by bluffhollow » Mon Sep 03, 2012 7:59 pm

It works now and I've purchased the software - thanks, Sven.

petersteier

Post by petersteier » Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:42 am

When I buy the software now, will I own it in the playstore once it is there?
I just found out the answer is alreafy in topic "General..."

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Mon Oct 22, 2012 9:51 am

petersteier wrote:When I buy the software now, will I own it in the playstore once it is there?
I just found out the answer is alreafy in topic "General..."
These are separate versions. Either buy from us or buy from the Play Store.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

petersteier

Post by petersteier » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:46 am

Thank you, I'd rather wait for the Play Store...

BTW: your software seems to be very good, the first sensible office app for android. I'd really like to own it, but I fear only the Play Store will allow for easy payment, updates, moving to another device, etc. I bought "Navigon" directly at the company, and after a device change had a lot of touble, took resort to a cracked version for some time, which prevented me from getting my map updates, and finally bought it again from the play store, which is really a pain for a € 70,- app.
I do not want to critisze your policy, but I think there is no future for software outside of the various "markets", whether Apple, Google, or Windows. Certainly, these companies keep too much of the cake for themselves presently, but they really offer added value for the customer. And, finally, these companies have the power to lock out independent software from their OSes, and they will do so openly and in clandestine ways...

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Mon Oct 22, 2012 10:54 am

New revisions of SoftMaker Office Mobile for direct sale and for the Play Store will be released in lockstep, so there is definitely no hurt in purchasing the software directly from us. And so far, many more people purchased it from us than from the Play Store.

Keep also in mind that not all Android devices come with Play Store or the other Google apps, and we definitely want to offer our software for these customers, too.

Also, if you have worked with us in the past, you will/would have noticed that our tech support goes out of its way to help customers, including resetting activations.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

petersteier

Post by petersteier » Tue Nov 06, 2012 6:04 pm

Ok, I have bought TextMaker now from the PlayStore, bubt I still can't find PlanMaker and Presentations Mobile there. My trial versions have expired. BUMP [-o<

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l » Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 am

PlanMaker and Presentations are now available in the app store.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

petersteier

Post by petersteier » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:06 pm

... and installed on my computer. I own DocumentsToGo and OfficeSuite also, but your apps are the only really useful: Text with track changes, presentations editing without destroying them, ...
Congratulations.
(No, this message is not made up by the developers. Verify my identity by googling homepage peter steier).

JSR

Post by JSR » Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:09 pm

petersteier wrote:I'd really like to own it, but I fear only the Play Store will allow for easy payment, updates, moving to another device, etc. I bought "Navigon" directly at the company, and after a device change had a lot of touble, took resort to a cracked version for some time, which prevented me from getting my map updates, and finally bought it again from the play store, which is really a pain for a € 70,- app.
I do not want to critisze your policy, but I think there is no future for software outside of the various "markets", whether Apple, Google, or Windows.
I disagree. I bought Softmaker for Android directly from Softmaker so that I had the .apk files to put on whatever Android device I wanted.

I recently bought two Android devices - a 7" tablet, and a 4.3" phone. Both have similar specs, and both run Android 4.0. However, Google's Play store won't let me install certain apps on both devices - claiming "incompatibility" - such as AutoCAD WS (which is apparently fine for my new 4.3" Android 4 phone, but is "incompatible" with my 7" Android 4 tablet). I'd much rather be in control of the software I buy than have Google dictate which device I can use it on - that's what Apple does (and that's bad enough having to buy the same piece of software twice for iPod Touch and iPad).

In terms of "easy payment", I was also able to purchase direct from Softmaker using my preferred payment method - PayPal. I don't know if it's possible to use PayPal when buying from Google Play, but I've not seen the option.

With all due respect to your assertion that "there is no future for software outside the various markets", it's precisely because Softmaker is available "outside" of Google Play that I bought it.

petersteier

Post by petersteier » Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:13 pm

JSR wrote: ... I bought Softmaker for Android directly from Softmaker so that I had the .apk files to put on whatever Android device I wanted.
So I'm very happy that both options exists now!

Return to “SoftMaker Office Mobile for Android (General)”