Tiny menu fonts [SOLVED]

Post here those questions, bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Cecilieaux

Tiny menu fonts [SOLVED]

Post by Cecilieaux » Tue Jan 02, 2018 4:13 pm

Running SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux under Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia 64-bit I was affected by tiny fonts on the menus and dialogs. The suggestion at viewtopic.php?f=199&t=11378&p=41378#p41146 did NOT work but it set me on the right path.

The solution IS:
  • go to Tools > Options > Appearance
  • click on the User Interface Size button
  • play with the controls size and font size adjustment until satisfied (each time you change the settings, it will offer to restart, accept that by clicking OK
Everyone will have a different preference (chacun à son goût). I found that the Large controls are a little too large, whereas the Normal controls with a very large font setting (you set it by moving a pointer along a bar), will work very well.

Enjoy!

I'm still learning this software and there are things that are not intuitive. That's life!

Cecilieaux

AZgl1800

Re: Tiny menu fonts [SOLVED]

Post by AZgl1800 » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:20 am

this suggestion does NOT restore the overall theme size of the controls.

My screen is so large, that I can't use the program easily.

see my dilemma below.
Attachments
FreeOffie Appearance.png

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Tiny menu fonts [SOLVED]

Post by martin-k » Tue Jan 16, 2018 2:50 pm

This is definitely not the default setting of SoftMaker Office. You must have changed the scaling in Tools > Options > User Interface Size. Go there and change it back, or delete the *.ini files in your SoftMaker Office settings folder.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office 2016 for Linux (General)”