Code error when trying to import EML files

Post your questions, bug reports and suggestions here for Thunderbird for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

keithvenn

Code error when trying to import EML files

Postby keithvenn » Thu Jun 29, 2017 6:56 pm

I have just bought two licenses for Office Standard 2016 and installed on one PC.

When I start Thunderbird and click on the Tools option to import eml files, I get a message pop-up that says "TypeError: Stm.getColumnDecltype is not a function".

I have also discovered that the installation process REMOVES emClient, without asking permission, and I cannot find any .eml files on the drive.

Can someone confirm that the installation process has worked as intended, and tell me what has happened to the .eml files please? I assume this is why I received the error message quoted above.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Code error when trying to import EML files

Postby martin-k » Thu Jun 29, 2017 7:01 pm

Several things:

1. When you install SoftMaker Office 2016, it suggests (but doesn't force you) to uninstall SoftMaker Office 2012. Doing so will also remove eM Client. You can reverse that by running the Office 2012 setup, doing a custom install and only installing eM Client.

2. You are confusing what the eM Client import filter does. The eM Client import filter imports the eM Client database of e-mails, contacts and calendars. It is not meant for importing .eml files as you seem to be trying.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

keithvenn

Postby keithvenn » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:41 am

Thank you Martin. My comment about EML files is therefore irrelevant.

If I re-phrase my comment and question - When I start Thunderbird and click on the Tools option to import from emClient, I get a message pop-up that says "TypeError: Stm.getColumnDecltype is not a function".

I checked all the data files are in the AppRoaming file, and everything seems to be OK.

I have now uninstalled the Office 2016 I bought yesterday, and re-installed 2012, together with emClient again.

However, I would like to try 2016 again, but need to know what is causing the "TypeError: Stm.getColumnDecltype is not a function" error message.

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby martin-k » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:51 am

1. You can install eM Client and SoftMaker Office 2016 in parallel by:
- running a custom install of SoftMaker Office 2012 and choosing only eM Client.
- installing SoftMaker Office 2016 and declining the offer to uninstall SoftMaker Office 2012.

2. As for your eM Client import problem, we would need your complete eM Client database to try to reproduce the problem here. For that, you need to zip the whole "eM Client for SoftMaker" folder and make it available to us using Dropbox or a similar service.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Scorpio47

Postby Scorpio47 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:45 pm

martin-k wrote:1. You can install eM Client and SoftMaker Office 2016 in parallel by:
- running a custom install of SoftMaker Office 2012 and choosing only eM Client.
- installing SoftMaker Office 2016 and declining the offer to uninstall SoftMaker Office 2012.

2. As for your eM Client import problem, we would need your complete eM Client database to try to reproduce the problem here. For that, you need to zip the whole "eM Client for SoftMaker" folder and make it available to us using Dropbox or a similar service.

Hallo Friends:
I too have this very same problem described above and I do not think that it has to do with my data but rather seems to be a glitch in the import module of the adapted Thunderbird version.

I shall gladly upload my data to dropbox (actually I already did), but I do not like the idea to share them with anyone in a public forum.....

Would it be possible to share it with martin-k in a PM? If so, how should I do that, please?

DANKE!
Scorpio47

P.S.
aus meiner email-Nachricht an den support:
"Ich meine irgendwo beim Browsen gelesen zu haben, daß das Problem inzwischen gelöst sei, kann aber diesen Hinweis nicht mehr finden.

Könnten Sie mir bitte verraten, wie ich meine Daten aus dem client von eM in die integrierte Version von Thunderbird importieren kann?
In der "normalen" Version von Thunderbird gibt es dieses feature nicht, da kann man nur einzelne Nachrichten importieren, nachdem man sie mühevoll erst aus eM exportiert haben muß. Das ist nicht zumutbar, finde ich...

Und bevor Sie mich nun auf IMAP hinweisen: nein ich nutze einen Mix aus IMAP und POP3 Konten und kann daher meine Nachrichten nicht (zumindest nicht vollständig) vom Server laden....

Danke für Ihre Hilfe und den entscheidenden und zielführenden Tip ;-)"

Leider kam der bisher noch nicht, weder per email, noch hier im Forum [-X
Last edited by Scorpio47 on Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:20 pm

Vermutlich wird Ihren Post (außer wir hier im Support) niemand verstehen können, da Sie auf deutsch in einem englischen Forum gepostet haben. Das deutsche Supportforum finden Sie hier:
http://forum.softmaker.de/

Sie können mir gerne eine PM mit dem Downloadlink senden, dann hat niemand sonst Zugriff auf die Daten. Ich werde es dann weiterleiten. Vielen Dank!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Scorpio47

Postby Scorpio47 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:22 pm

Hi Sven,

sorry for that oversight... I have now translated my post into English (except the quote from my email) and I hope that people will understand it now.

As to the dropbox link, I´ll send that via PM then, OK.

THANK YOU and have a great day
Juergen

BJ1975

Postby BJ1975 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:12 pm

Has there been a solution to this issue? I am having the same problem.

Joy

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:43 am

This will be solved in the future but unfortunately we have no solution right now. If you want a refund, please contact the sales department at sales(at)softmaker.de

Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Thunderbird for Windows”