SoftMaker.com

English-Language Support
It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 5:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 2:46 am 

Hello

We have been trialling the use of the 2010 version of planmaker. One aspect which appears to have changed is the position of the drop down arrow for data validation lists. On 2008 the arrow appeared within the cell whereas for 2010 it appears to the right (outside) of the cell. Whilst this isn’t an issue for desktop based spreadsheets the small screen area of a pda creates a problem requiring us to lose some column width to display the arrow. Is there a setting to get the 2008 formatting in 2010?

Thanks
Chris

Attachments:
PDA Planmaker 2008 vs 2010 004 (Small).jpg
PDA Planmaker 2008 vs 2010 004 (Small).jpg [ 26.51 KiB | Viewed 6841 times ]
PDA Planmaker 2008 vs 2010 003 (Small).jpg
PDA Planmaker 2008 vs 2010 003 (Small).jpg [ 31.96 KiB | Viewed 6841 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 9:40 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Hi Chris,

are you using Windows CE or Windows Mobile on your device? The screenshots seems to show the screen of an Windows Mobile device and you posted in the Windows CE forum. You can find the trial version for Windows Mobile here:
http://www.softmaker.com/english/ofpdemo_en.htm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:09 am 

Sven

Yes you are correct in that we are using the mobile edition. I probably should have put this in the mobile forum. We are using the trial version of the mobile verson based on the earlier issue we had with screen resolution with the CE version. We like the 2010 version and would obviously prefer to keep using this over the 2008 version. Just a little annoying to discover slight differences such as that highlighted with the dropdown box positioning.

Thanks for your help.
Chris

PostPosted: Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:51 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

I moved this topic into the correct forum.

Chris, can you please attach an small example file to reproduce this problem here on our Windows Mobile devices? Thank you!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:37 am 

Sven

The two photos sent through before were attempting to show the issue we are having. Whilst they are a bit blurry the sharper photo shows what we see with pocket pc 2008 planmaker where the drop down arrow (below the 8:00 cell when pda is in potrait view) is contained within the cell. The blurry photo is for mobile pc 2010 where the same cell (below the 8:00 cell) is showing the drop down arrow on the outside of the cell. Whilst not "earth shattering" this does mean that we have to make the column narrower so that the user can click on the drop down icon thus we lose some valuable screen real estate. If it was the desktop version I probably wouldn't care as the screen is so much bigger. With the pda version we are using the unit in an industrial plant setting and trying to make text as big as possible to improve readability. If necessary I can have another go at taking some better screen shots to try and show the issue better.

Thanks
Chris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:18 am 

Sven

Created a small version of the file we are having issues with. Please see attached. If you go to cell E18 for example this will show the issue we are having between the two versions.

Thanks
Chris

Attachments:
Example Problem.xls [55.5 KiB]
Downloaded 245 times

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:07 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Thank you! The problem is now reproducible for me and I referred this issue to our developers. I will inform you here as soon as I have more information.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:32 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

It seems that this behavior was changed in PlanMaker 2010 to make sure the dropdown arrow doesn't overlap the text inside the cell. Currently we don't plan to change this again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 11:38 pm 

Thanks Sven

Would be handy in the future if there is an option where the position can be toggled either inside or outside the cell. In any event I appreciated the quick feedback.

Regards
Chris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:55 pm 

I just want to set a variable myList to a list of values and then use myList for the content of my drop-down. Is this possible? It looks like the answer is no.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:53 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Marcolavida wrote:
I just want to set a variable myList to a list of values and then use myList for the content of my drop-down. Is this possible? It looks like the answer is no.

That's not yet possible but on the wish list for future versions.