Confused about sorting

Post bug reports and suggestions for PlanMaker 2008 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

jeffneedle

Confused about sorting

Postby jeffneedle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 6:45 am

Okay, so I click on a column heading, choose Table, Sort. I choose to sort by row, first row contains headers. I get different results, depending on which column I've clicked on. On one column, PM sorts just that column, leaving the others as they were, and thus disconnecting the data from their rows -- very unsettling! In another case, when I click to sort, absolutely nothing happens.

I monitor book reviews and reviewers. In one column, I keep track of which reviews are done. I have a formula that inserts the word "Done" in the column when the column labeled "Date Review Received" is not blank. The formula works fine. But when I select that column and ask to sort on that column (so that I have all the "Done" reviews are together in a block), absolutely nothing happens.

I have another column that lists the publisher of each book that's out for review. I select that column, go through all the clicks to sort the worksheet by that column, and it sorts *only* the Publisher column. All the other columns stay in place, thus messing up the whole thing.

I'm clearly doing something wrong. Can someone help here? I can't find any posts on this in this forum, so I'm guessing I'm messing something up.

Thanks.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Confused about sorting

Postby sven-l » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:34 am

Can you please send us that file to forum(at)softmaker.de referring to that thread? Thank you!
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

jeffneedle

Re: Confused about sorting

Postby jeffneedle » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:51 am

My pleasure. It's been sent as an attachment. Thank you!

Return to “PlanMaker 2008 for Windows”