SoftMaker.com

English-Language Support
It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:08 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:01 pm 

Hi. New user here, just recently bought SoftMaker Office through an offer that Ashampoo had available that ended over the weekend. I have to tell you folks, the software seems awesome. It's so nice to be able to work within the parameters of document formats that have become "the standards" without having to use tools that are bloated, overpriced, and often not particularly user-friendly. Kudos to you guys for filling a need that has not been competently filled until now.

I was going through the process of acquainting myself with PlanMaker, and see that it doesn't seem to support Macros (and looking through the forum, have come across entries where staff indicate that that ability is at least on the "to be attempted" list, which is great), but then saw in PlanMaker that you DO have a macro language that can be implemented via your BasicMaker module.

The help file of the version of PlanMaker that I have, from SoftMaker Office 2008, makes reference to accessing BasicMaker via the Tools -->Edit Script menu. Unfortunately, there is no Edit Script menu under the Tools menu in the version that I have. Could you tell me if that is a limitation of the Ashampoo version of SoftMaker Office? Or was BasicMaker never implemented? If BasicMaker does actually exist, is there somewhere at the SoftMaker site that it can be downloaded, or is there a trial version available for evaluation anywhere??

Thanks so much for your assistance with this, and keep up the great work! I've already been recommending SM Office to acquaintances, and with the upcoming 2010 version that I've been reading about, I'm sure will have even more reason to continue doing that.

-- Robert...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:19 pm 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

That's one of the differences between SoftMaker Office and the Ashampoo-branded version. BasicMaker only comes with the former.

As we are in the process of bringing out the public beta of SoftMaker Office 2010, maybe you can download this beta (when it appears later this week) and get yourself acquainted with BasicMaker 2010.