SoftMaker.com

English-Language Support
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Currency default setup
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 5:34 pm 

Let me know if you can set the default button Currency with the symbol of the currency front and not behind.
Ex: € 125.00 instead of € 125.00 without any time enter in the properties of the cell.
thanks
Nicola.
Ps: Sorry my bad English

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:52 am 
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

I'm sorry, but the symbol appeared the same in both examples in your message. From what I can see, the answer is yes. Click on Format, Cell, Number Format, New, Then type in the formula you want such as, - * #.~ $ instead of the default. For the other symbols, just replace the $ symbol with the one you want.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 7:30 am 

Thank you, you are right, in reality meant so
Let me know if you can set the default button Currency with the symbol of the currency front and not behind.
Ex: € 125.00 instead of 125.00 € without any time enter in the properties of the cell.
thanks
Nicola.
Ps: Sorry my bad English

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 2:13 pm 
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Hi Nicola,

Your English is likely much better than my Italian. No worries. When you say default, I assume you mean if you click the currency symbol on the toolbar, will it place the symbol to the right of the number rather than to the left? I don't know at this moment, but I will play with this later in the day. My suspicion is that it will, but I need to confirm that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:42 pm 

HI Jim, Many thanks for your kindness and your time.
I must say though, that I am very happy to have discovered this office suite so light and fast. I've been using OpenOffice, but the load times of this suite are unbeatable.
Softmaker Thanks!
Ps: When the manuals in Italian?
Bye Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:19 pm 
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Hi Nicola,

I don't know about the timing. I am just an end-user like yourself, but I like to try to help out because it teaches more about the product than if I taught myself. The company is actually German, so to my knowledge there is definitely German and English. I think it Sven sees this message he will jump in and be able to answer your question. Worst case scenario, for a rough translation, you could use a web translator. Some of the expression would look very odd, but at least it's a start.

By the way, I will look into your default question a bit later. I just need to finish another project first.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 5:32 pm 
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Hi Nicola,

It appears that the manual is currently available only in German and English. It does not appear that the company in planning to translate the manual into Italian in the short-term though. I guess that makes sense when you look at the size of the manual. I know this isn't what you were were hoping for, but on the bright side, it forces you to work on your English (hopefully that comes across as humorous).

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 6:06 pm 

Thanks anyway.
Nicola

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 8:16 pm 
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Hi Nicola,

Okay, the currency button appears to be hard coded BUT, I think I might have an alternative for you.

If you click on the upper left corner of the sheet, not the cell, but the sheet, you will select ALL cells. You can create a default template that will show the symbol AFTER the number. Of course ALL the numbers will show up this way and you will need to change cells as you need to them to appear later, but you have this option. There is also the possibility to creating different templates for different scenarios. The one I was suggesting would allow you to load a sheet preconfigured to treat ALL cells as though the symbol must appear on the right hand side of the number.

Let me know if that works for you and I will write instructions on how to do that.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2009 9:41 pm 

Hi, Jim
Thanks you, I have done something similar, file> properties, tab options, currency = System default.
What do you think?
Nicola

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:15 am 
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Hi Nicola,

Unfortunately this result in the symbol being placed on the left hand side of the number. Perhaps we can use this message thread to request the ability to make a custom number format a system default. This would solve your problem.

Sven? Are you out there ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:54 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

cnicolapc wrote:
HI Jim, Many thanks for your kindness and your time.
I must say though, that I am very happy to have discovered this office suite so light and fast. I've been using OpenOffice, but the load times of this suite are unbeatable.
Softmaker Thanks!
Ps: When the manuals in Italian?
Bye Nicola

Hello,

the manuals we offer are only available in German and English. Currently there are no plans to deliver more languages.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:14 am 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

You can change the currency symbol to appear always on the left side from the value:

1. Select the desired cells (As Jim suggested you can mark all cells to edit all at one time)
2. Go to Format=>Cell=>Number Format
3. Choose Category "Currency" and your desired currency (for example "Europe €")
4. Click "New" and a new window appear with " -* #,~ €" => change it to " € -* #,~ " and click "ok"

Result: All cells are now formatted in your currency with the symbol at the beginning.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:08 pm 
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Hi Sven,

The problem is, she is looking to make this like a default configuration that could come through the $ button... I could not see a way, but perhaps a request could be made for the future?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:38 pm 
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Jim,

I referred that as a Feature Request to our developers.