DDE in PlanMaker

Post bug reports and suggestions for PlanMaker 2008 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

RobertEB

DDE in PlanMaker

Postby RobertEB » Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:12 pm

Hi! I'm a newbie on the block looking for a good replacement for Excel (my version isn't supported any more). While all the basics look straightforward in PlanMaker the critical issue for me are DDE links to a database (on my own machine). The guidance in the help files is not specific enough for me.

The equivalent instruction in Excel for example is =TRADER|LSE\EQUITY!ASL\trade where Trader is the database LSE\EQUITY is the pipe, ASL is the file, and 'trade' is the variable. Is it possible to do this?

Thanks, Robert
It ain't what a man don't know as makes him a fool, but what he does know as ain't so. (Sean O'Casey Juno and the Paycock[i])[/i]

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: DDE in PlanMaker

Postby sven-l » Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:47 am

Hello,

this is currently not possible with PlanMaker but I referred your suggestion as a feature request to our developers and will inform you here as soon as I have more information.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

RobertEB

Postby RobertEB » Mon Sep 01, 2008 4:59 pm

Sven, Thanks for the info.

Robert
It ain't what a man don't know as makes him a fool, but what he does know as ain't so. (Sean O'Casey Juno and the Paycock[i])[/i]

FabianFinlay

Postby FabianFinlay » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:28 am

Can I add my voice to the request for DDE links. I have exactly the same requirement both to Updata and advfn.com. I also need to be able to link named cells in different spreadsheets as requested by MongolJohn on August 6th, 2009.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Postby sven-l » Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:55 am

Hello,

I increased the priority for that Feature Request. Please note that links to cells in external spreadsheets will work in the next version of SoftMaker Office which we will release in a few weeks.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “PlanMaker 2008 for Windows”