Subdividing a Page

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2008 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Haraldg

Subdividing a Page

Post by Haraldg » Fri Feb 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Is it possible to subdivide a page in TextMaker? I am migrating to this superb software from WordPerfect and use that feature quite a bit. I worked around it for a landscape mode page by making two colums, but when a page is in portrait mode and I want to make two rows, or divide the paper top and bottom with margins, I cannot find where to do that.
Thanks for any help!
Harald

Jossi

Re: Subdividing a Page

Post by Jossi » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:58 pm

Hi Harald, I'm not sure if I quite understand your problem. There are lots of ways to subdivide a page in TextMaker, so could you please describe more in detail what exactly you want to accomplish?
Cheers
Jossi

Haraldg

Post by Haraldg » Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:49 pm

Thanks so much for the quick response Jossi. I want to take a page, in portrait mode and divide it top to bottom in half, so that I have half inch margins all around both halves of the subdivided page. Essentially instead of having two vertical columns, I want to have two horizontal rows, each of them half of the page.
Harald

martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k » Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:03 pm

I think you are thinking in a too complicated way... :wink:

Simply go to object mode, insert two text frames and position them accordingly. If text should flow from one frame to the other, link them.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Haraldg

Post by Haraldg » Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:16 pm

Thanks so much Martin. I am obviously not used to using text boxes in that way. I am used to being able to do that simply in the document setup page with check boxes to divide my paper into however many sections I want.
Will do you suggestion!
Thanks
Harald

Haraldg

Post by Haraldg » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:01 am

Thanks for the help. Making text boxes certainly works, but is much more complex than what I was accustomed to in WP. I will just create several templates of the way I usually use this feature and then be ready to go when I need them. :)
Harald

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Windows”