Right and left page margins has stopped working

Post bug reports and suggestions for TextMaker 2008 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

Joe_

Right and left page margins has stopped working

Post by Joe_ » Wed May 23, 2012 7:48 pm

Hello to all,

I have recently installed SoftMaker 2008 on 14th May 2012, and although I am not that versed with computers I have found it to be very east to use.

My problem is that it appears that although I have been able to change the right and left page margins in a document before, it appears that no matter what I do I am no longer able to do so. This is the case whether I am creating a new document or editing an existing one.

I would very much appreciate any advice from the more knowledgeable members of this forum, on what I can do to solve the problem since it is an essential function that I use all of the time.

Regards and thanks to all!

Joe.

sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Right and left page margins has stopped working

Post by sven-l » Thu May 24, 2012 8:41 am

You can change the margins in File=>Page Setup. Please note that you have to set the margins for every document (document based settings).

To set them in general, apply them inside the Normal.tmv template.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Joe_

Re: Right and left page margins has stopped working

Post by Joe_ » Thu May 24, 2012 3:00 pm

Thank you for your speedy reply Sven, I appreciate it!

Actually, I feel like a fool. It was me. Changing the margins from File>Page Setup is working - it's just that I wasn't recognising the difference in the change. :oops:

Thanks too for this piece of advice - "To set them in general, apply them inside the Normal.tmv template". I guess I'll try that whenever the need arises.

There are a few other problems I have encountered such as:
- Applying justification to text that has been indented or tabbed with hyphenation turned-off doesn't work.
- Word processing *.doc files created by Microsoft Works doesn't preserve all of their formatting when opened in TextMaker for editing.

I still have to identify the problems more accurately before reporting them. I know too that I will have to create new topics then.

Regards,

Joe

Return to “TextMaker 2008 for Windows”