Can I create editable objects on the master slide?

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Presentations 2008 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

amaizenblue

Can I create editable objects on the master slide?

Post by amaizenblue » Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:41 am

I'm trying to create a presentation template that has the exact same arrangement of text box objects (ellipses). The contents (text) within the objects will be different on each slide. I created this arrangement of text box objects on a master slide, then saved it as a template.

That works great on the first slide. I can just click on the various ellipses and start typing in text. Then, I click "Insert Slide" and see all the ellipses perfectly placed, but none of them can be selected. They seem to just be one big background image. To add text, I have to insert new text boxes on top of the ellipses and these text boxes have to be manually shaped to fit on the ellipses.

So, is it possible to create a template whereby clicking on "Insert slide" reproduces all of the editable objects from the master slide so that I can just quickly click on each object to add text?

I hope my question was clear.

Thanks,
Rob

jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Can I create editable objects on the master slide?

Post by jimjutte » Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:31 am

If I understand you correctly, It sounds like a slide template is what you want to create and not a master. A template becomes just the layout of a slide within a presentation, but the mater holds the existing contents.

Cheers
Cheers
Jim

Return to “SoftMaker Presentations 2008 for Windows”