Transferring a Presentation to another computer

Post bug reports and suggestions for SoftMaker Presentations 2008 for Windows.

Moderator: SoftMaker Team

jkoenigsbeck

Transferring a Presentation to another computer

Postby jkoenigsbeck » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:16 am

Having built a Presentation and tested it on my home desktop computer, I saved it as both .PRD and .Ppt for transfer to a laptop. I noticed that the file was rather small (128kb).

The laptop would open the file, but rejected all the photos in both versions "as corrupted".

I can only explain it this way, that the original photos stay on my home computer and only the basic file is transferred.

I would be grateful to learn how to rectify this situation, so that the photos are transferred with the file, and to have some indication as to where I went wrong.

Many Thanks in advance,

Juergen

jimjutte
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Transferring a Presentation to another computer

Postby jimjutte » Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:12 am

Out of curiousity, are you using a background? Does it show up?

Try the following as a test. Move one of the images on your computer to another location or even OFF the computer and see if it still shows up on the desktop. I can't duplicate the problem doing that. I will see about sending the presentation to a different computer later though.
Cheers
Jim

jrm123

Re: Transferring a Presentation to another computer

Postby jrm123 » Sat Apr 11, 2009 8:18 am

The non transference of photos can be worked around by embedding the Photo within the document. When the photo is being inserted into the picture frame tick the "Save within Document" box. It increases the size of the file obviously.
HTH

Return to “SoftMaker Presentations 2008 for Windows”