Converting Multiple Files

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
fthomas

Converting Multiple Files

Post by fthomas »

Is there a way to convert a number of files from one format to another at one time? I have primarily in mind .xls to .pmd. I am asking this in contrast to opening and saving each file individually. I've found in the instance of .xls and .pmd files that I can do a rename and change the .xls extension to .pmd and it seems to work. Again, however, this can only be done one file at a time. I would like to keep all my files in one consistent format and PlanMaker is of course much better for files on the Pocket PC and it makes synchronizing folders easier. I realize multiple file conversion or mutliple file saving in different names is not a typical feature in any program.

Different question: How can PlanMaker or TextMaker files be viewed on a computer that does not have TextMaker programs?
Tobias-L

Re: Converting Multiple Files

Post by Tobias-L »

fthomas wrote:Is there a way to convert a number of files from one format to another at one time? I have primarily in mind .xls to .pmd. I am asking this in contrast to opening and saving each file individually. I've found in the instance of .xls and .pmd files that I can do a rename and change the .xls extension to .pmd and it seems to work. Again, however, this can only be done one file at a time. I would like to keep all my files in one consistent format and PlanMaker is of course much better for files on the Pocket PC and it makes synchronizing folders easier. I realize multiple file conversion or mutliple file saving in different names is not a typical feature in any program.
Currently there is no batch converting tool for converting several files to another format at once. Renaming files is not recommended, as this does not change the format or content of the file, so a renamed sheet.pmd (former sheet.xls) still is an Excel sheet.
fthomas wrote:Different question: How can PlanMaker or TextMaker files be viewed on a computer that does not have TextMaker programs?
There is a free TextMaker viewer for Windows, which is currently only available for our German customers. If you are interested take a look at our German homepage.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Water Cooler”