Other Phone and PDA platforms

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
patrickwest

Other Phone and PDA platforms

Post by patrickwest »

Folks,

I am still using Softmaker Officer on my iPaq and on a WindowsCE tablet. I have the Windows version on my desktop and netbook.

Lately I've been looking at all the new phones and tablets. I did see that plans are underway to do an Android version. I am hopeful that a version of Softmaker Office for the ipad/iphone/ipodTouch (iOS4) Platform will be considered.

Also I'm wondering if you've looked at a Windows Phone Seven version?

Patrick
Patrick West
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Other Phone and PDA platforms

Post by sven-l »

There are currently no plans for an iPhone or Windows Phone 7 version of SoftMaker Office. Maybe at a later point of time.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
patrickwest

Post by patrickwest »

sven-l wrote:There are currently no plans for an iPhone or Windows Phone 7 version of SoftMaker Office. Maybe at a later point of time.

Folks,

It is a later point in time. I hope you will consider doing a Softmaker Office for iOS. Two versions really, a iPhone one and an iPad one.

I was just watching the release video for the iPad Mini.

I have a Lenovo A1 android tablet. I have Softmaker Office 2012 for Android and Windows.

Softmaker Office 2010 for Mobile Windows, Windows and Linux.

Softmaker Office 2002? or 2006, can recall, for Windows CE.

While I won't be buying a iPad Mini today, or likely this year, however I will purchase one in time.

I have an iPhone and my wife uses the iPad. I found if I was going to carry something that big I'd rather use my Netbook. I have and did use for sometime a Viewsonic V212 WindowsCE tablet, with Softmaker Office.

I have found the A1 to be a good size for me but I am not otherwise impressed with the Android platform.

So folks, please, Softmaker Office for iOS, please.
Patrick West
patrickwest

Post by patrickwest »

Folks,

It is 2013, so I was wondering if there had been any movement on an iOS version?

I have and use Softmaker Office 2012 on my Desktop and Netbook.

I also have Softmaker Office 2012 for Android, and older versions of Softmaker Office for Mobile Windows aka Pocket PC, and for WindowsCE.

While I am using a Lenovo A1 tablet, running ICS, I am less then thrilled with it. I plan to, budget permitting so likely 9 to 10 months from now, switch to the iPadMini. My wife uses an iPad currently and we both use iPhone4.

My younger brother, my daughter and son in law all use Windows Phones, so I am wondering about that platform as well?
Patrick West
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

You already asked the question here:
http://www.softmaker.com/forum/viewtopi ... 609#p43609
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Water Cooler”