drawing feature request

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
jurrie

drawing feature request

Post by jurrie »

Update: I just saw the PlanMaker overview/features pages and it looks like most of what I'm asking for is addressed there. I'd therefor suspect that similar drawing functionality will appear in TM2004. Please confirm.

While I'm throwing out enhancement suggestions...

I'd like to see the following added to TextMaker's drawing functionality.
  1. additional line properties for all shapes
    dotted and dashed lines are effective ways to distinguish between line types in the b&w printed world
  2. line end decorations
    arrows at the end of lines are at the top of this list, though connection indications (solid circles or squares) at the end of lines would be welcome as well
  3. visible grid
    guides are OK, but simple light dots at grid intersections would be very welcome
    perhaps this would make more sense if incorporated in a Drawing Frame
  4. object layering within a frame
    when creating diagrams it would be nice to be able to place an object (such as a rectangle) on top of a line such that the line is hidden behind the other object
  5. text/labels associated with shaped objects
    I'm thinking of text inside rectangles, etc. It's possible to group a text frame with a drawing object today, but it's not as slick.
  6. additional drawing object types
    think of arcs, polygons and more complex common objects
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

All these feature will indeed be in TextMaker 2004. The visible grid won't be just dots but a real grid, though.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “Water Cooler”