Creating and giving presentations using TextMaker

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
jurrie

Creating and giving presentations using TextMaker

Post by jurrie »

A few questions.....
  1. are there any available styles geared toward slide presentation preparation?
  2. are there any provisions within TextMaker to facilitate giving slide presentations (i.e. something like a SlideShow mode)?
  3. if not, are there reasonable workarounds (i.e. convert to PDF and use an Acrobat viewer in presentation mode) or am I just barking up the wrong tree?
thanks
Tobias-L

Re: Creating and giving presentations using TextMaker

Post by Tobias-L »

jurrie wrote:are there any available styles geared toward slide presentation preparation?
Well, there are no special styles, but you can create your own styles (character styles and paragraph styles).
jurrie wrote:are there any provisions within TextMaker to facilitate giving slide presentations (i.e. something like a SlideShow mode)?
You can use the Page Preview to show the audience your document.
jurrie wrote:if not, are there reasonable workarounds (i.e. convert to PDF and use an Acrobat viewer in presentation mode) or am I just barking up the wrong tree?
To create a PDF file out of TextMaker you can use the PDFCreator. Search the internet for this software and print a PDF out of your documents.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

jurrie

Re: Creating and giving presentations using TextMaker

Post by jurrie »

Tobias-L wrote:
jurrie wrote:are there any provisions within TextMaker to facilitate giving slide presentations (i.e. something like a SlideShow mode)?
You can use the Page Preview to show the audience your document.
I assume by Page Preview you are referring to View -> Fit Page in Window. I was already aware of this. It's not really what I was looking for.

In order of preference I'd prefer to see:
  1. something akin to Adobe Reader's Full Screen View
  2. something similar to OOo's View -> Full Screen. This involves taking over the entire display and not displaying most toolbars and editing tools.
  3. a simple way to toggle display of toolbars, etc. within the Fit Page in Window. This would be similar to the previous item without taking over the entire display; or read another way, similar to current TextMaker behavior but without toolbars.
Any chance of seeing one of these in an upcoming version of TextMaker?
hg
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by hg »

Quite a few customers already requested this, so it's definitely on our wishlist for the next version.
If it will be implemented, it will display only the document without any control strips or rulers - similar to Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Word.

Thanks for your suggestion!
Heiko Gibson
SoftMaker Development

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by." - DNA

Return to “Water Cooler”