DataMaker Public Beta

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: DataMaker Public Beta

Post by sven-l »

Ok, I took you both on the list for the Beta.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
french

Post by french »

Please add me as well. I've been looking forward to DataMaker since it was first announced over a year and a half ago.

Thank you.
sven-l
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by sven-l »

Hello,

I added you to the list.
Sven Leßmann
SoftMaker Software GmbH
DrAT

Post by DrAT »

jakware wrote:...Based on a comment I saw in another thread, I take it that DataMaker is not going to be available for the PPC at this time? :( I have several applications I would like to write that I can use on both my PDA and Desktop and need a database for the PDA (since M$ no longer supports Modile Access).

Thank you,
I like the idea of a database application for users and not just programmers. =D> There's definitely a market for a usable yet powerful data handling program. Access is expensive and complicated and the Works database is too simple. Something that covered both of these would be perfect.
I agree that it's a shame that DataMaker will probably never reach the Pocket PC. I have a setup where forms on my mobile devices are synchronized with my desktop Access databases. It works well when collecting data in the field. I can even make SQL queries. Having said that, I usually collect data in PlanMaker and import it into Access from there. It's always seemed odd to me that Microsoft haven't developed the Pocket PC as a data gathering device. It seems an ideal rôle to me but as you say, they even dropped what little support they had from recent releases.
WM2003SE - HP iPAQ hx4700 - 64Mb RAM

WM5 - XDA Mini S

WM6 - HP iPAQ 214 - 128Mb RAM

WM6.5 - HTC HD2 - 448Mb RAM

StowAway BT Keyboard

Return to “Water Cooler”