Pre-order questions

Talk about miscellaneous stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. Off-topic discussions encouraged.
Thinman

Pre-order questions

Post by Thinman »

Way back in November 2003, I registered for your offer of a FREE *full* version of TextMaker for Windows, which also included a trial of TextMaker for Handheld PCs. I still have the registration info that SoftMaker emailed me. Does this mean that I qualify for this:

"Upgrade to SoftMaker Office 2006 for Windows CE + Windows
Pre-order now.
Only for owners of older versions of TextMaker, PlanMaker, or SoftMaker Office US$49.95"

If I go ahead and pre-order will I get download links for the 2006 Windows versions *immediately*, or will I have to wait till the 2006 HPC betas are over?

Also, I'm finding that the TM beta uses *a great deal* more RAM than the 2002 HPC trial version does, especially on larger files. While I'm waiting for the full 2006 version to be released (and the RAM issue to be addressed!) could I get a download link for the 2002 HPC version, so I would have a version of TM on my Jornada 728 that was usable (especially memory-wise) straight away? Same goes for PlanMaker; I would want something usable right away.

Lastly, the download link I received in November 2003 no longer works. Is there any way I can download the 2002 Windows version of TextMaker again? FWIW, the file mentioned in the email was: - edited by Tobias-L, don't post file names -.

Thanks...

Thinman.
Tobias-L

Re: Pre-order questions

Post by Tobias-L »

Thinman wrote:Does this mean that I qualify for this:
"Upgrade to SoftMaker Office 2006 for Windows CE + Windows
Pre-order now.
Only for owners of older versions of TextMaker, PlanMaker, or SoftMaker Office US$49.95"
Yes, you are allowed to place an order for the upgrade.
Thinman wrote:If I go ahead and pre-order will I get download links for the 2006 Windows versions *immediately*, or will I have to wait till the 2006 HPC betas are over?
As it is a pre-order, you have to wait until the full version is ready. Then we will start shipping the product to you.
Thinman wrote:Also, I'm finding that the TM beta uses *a great deal* more RAM than the 2002 HPC trial version does, especially on larger files. While I'm waiting for the full 2006 version to be released (and the RAM issue to be addressed!) could I get a download link for the 2002 HPC version, so I would have a version of TM on my Jornada 728 that was usable (especially memory-wise) straight away? Same goes for PlanMaker; I would want something usable right away.
Well, we charge your credit card as soon as the product is available, and not immediately after placing your order. Therefore we cannot send out download instructions immediately when placing a pre-order.
However, we can send you download instructions for the latest trial version of TextMaker 2002, if this would be of any help to you.
Thinman wrote:Lastly, the download link I received in November 2003 no longer works. Is there any way I can download the 2002 Windows version of TextMaker again? FWIW, the file mentioned in the email was: - edited by Tobias-L, don't post file names -.
We're sorry, but we don't have an updated download link for this free edition.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Thinman

Post by Thinman »

Tobias-L wrote:Yes, you are allowed to place an order for the upgrade.
Thanks for your help, Tobias. I have pre-ordered the upgrade. :)
Tobias-L wrote:Well, we charge your credit card as soon as the product is available, and not immediately after placing your order. Therefore we cannot send out download instructions immediately when placing a pre-order.
However, we can send you download instructions for the latest trial version of TextMaker 2002, if this would be of any help to you.
Unfortunately, the trial version won’t help me as I have recently used up the 30 days of the TM 2002 trial. It’s when I went online to buy the old version that I discovered the beta for the new version. Anyway, in the future when Office 2006 HPC is fully released, will I, at that time, be able to also download the old 2002 version of TM HPC--after my credit card is charged and the 2006 download links are sent to me? You see, the more I think about it, the more I like the idea of running both the 2002 and 2006 versions of TM on my Jornada 728. I would be glad to pay for the 2002 version, if need be. If buying Office 2006 doesn't qualify me to get TM 2002 HPC for free, how can I buy TM 2002 HPC? The 2002 version of TextMaker HPC is no longer available on the SoftMaker online shop.
Tobias-L wrote:- edited by Tobias-L, don't post file names -.
Sorry about that!
Tobias-L wrote:We're sorry, but we don't have an updated download link for this free edition.
Could you send me a download link for TM 2002 Windows, without the HPC version trial? As mentioned, I still have my registration info for TM 2002 for Windows.

Thanks...

Thinman.
Tobias-L

Post by Tobias-L »

I just sent out the 2002 version for Windows to you. As soon as the full version of TextMaker 2006 is availabe, we will send it out to you, too.
Tobias Leißner
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Thinman

Post by Thinman »

Thank you, *very much*, Tobias. I greatly appreciate both your patience and your professionalism. I’m enjoying TM on my HPC and PC more every day! :D

Return to “Water Cooler”